Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Just reading about foreign governments and private foreign owners owning a stake in British train operators.

Germany has part ownership in Chiltern, Cross Country, Grand Central (East Coast), London Underground, Northern, and Wales & Borders.

France has the same in Docklands Light Rly, Gatwick Express, London Midland, Southern, South Eastern, Thameslink and Eurostar.

Holland in Greater Anglia, Scotrail and Merseyrail.

China in South Western, Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect.

Singapore in Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect.

Qatar, as above.

Italy, C2C (Essex).

Japan in Greater Anglia.

Belgium, Eurostar. 

Now France and Belgium having a stake in Eurostar, I can understand, but some of the others, I totally fail to understand.

It beggars the question of where is our own investment ? Oh ! The Dark Continent I expect. More free handouts for the ungrateful, the bone idle and the despots and dictators !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
On 4/10/2018 at 3:26 PM, FLY2 said:

Exactly jonab. I've just read about the floral tribute being removed. Good ! Straight into the skip !

I suppose now, the poor old guy will be subjected to a torrent of abuse, hatred and torment. The so called friends and family of the burglar should be ashamed of themselves, but this ridiculous 'Blood is thicker than water' crap will always prevail, rather than reality. 

One of the lads who binned the floral tributes was ex-army and is certainly not afraid of the itinerant community. Some of the tributes were on someone's property who had nothing at all to do with this matter at all, but was too afraid to remove them until someone did it for him. 

• Like 2

If one decides to pay nothing into the country, then they should forfeit ALL rights that are currently available to the tax paying law abiding citizens. Legal Aid, benefits, health care........ Forget it !

• Like 1

I say! You can't go around saying things like that about the travelling community, it's against their human rights don't you know. They have a long, proud history and culture of making their merry way round this green and pleasant land turning it into something slightly less green and pleasnt. Thieving, fighting, avoiding paying for anything, dumping trash and moving on is just part of their jolly life style and we as part of a multi-cultural society should welcome this diversity with open arms.

isitsafe

Once caught two '''Travellers''' shoplifting in Higham Ferrers Northants........called the Police, telling them ive got two Gypo's here,, was berated on the phone and told to moderate my language...............or we will not attend..........

I’m so thankful that I don’t live on that street in Hither Green.  What the ‘travellers’ are doing is nothing short of intimidation and harassment.  They should be mourning their loss outside the dead bloke’s house, not on some poor soul’s garden fence.  Such a weak police response to the ongoing problem too.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thats the trouble with the police today, Re active instead of Pro active, they won't do anything until someone or something is hurt or damaged instead of preventing possible damage to persons or property

Rog

What they need is a bit of Ray Mallon's zero tolerance. It only needs a determined approach that is maintained. Tell them they have got 30 minutes to provide documentation for their vehicles and you'd have to be quick to get out of their way as they bolted for the exit.

• Upvote 1

By definition 'settled' and holding down a job precludes travelling. I may change my opinion of them when I see them arrive, behave and leave, leaving the site in the same state as it was on arrival instead of the taxpayer having to bear the cost of clearing up after them.

• Upvote 1

Good post, Ian ..... I don't believe we should ever make sweeping statements about groups of people, whether they be of royal blood,  unemployed or homeless, and that also applies to various ethnic groups, and of course, travellers.  I have had several traveller friends over the years and have always tried to see each one as an individual, the same as anyone else.   Of course, there are people in most, if not all, the groups mentioned above who 'abuse the system' to varying degrees but I don't believe that 'tarring everyone with the same brush' is the answer.

There, I've said my piece and I know many will disagree with me (or even not  wish to show that they agree) but that's OK.  We are each entitled to have an opinion.

Thanks for reading....

• Like 4

Before the indignent hand wringing liberalists and self righteous start their protestations, let's just get one thing straight. The dead criminal deliberately set out to rob yet another old couple, and was fully prepared to use violence in the process. For these misguided delusional supporters to condone his actions shows the utter contempt they have for a normal civilised society, and as such should be looked upon in the same light.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, woody said:

What they need is a bit of Ray Mallon's zero tolerance. It only needs a determined approach that is maintained. Tell them they have got 30 minutes to provide documentation for their vehicles and you'd have to be quick to get out of their way as they bolted for the exit.

Ray Mallon was as bent as a dogs hind leg. Cleveland Police had far more bent coppers, but Mallon was bent as a mayor too. 

Let's set the record straight regarding categorising different groups and classes of people into the revelant boxes. 

There's good, bad and indifferent in every walk of life, from royalty to street cleaners. Things have been like that since the creation of civilisation, and will never alter.

I'm certain that all Nottstalgia members appreciate this, and form their views accordingly. 

• Like 3

Fly is quite correct however my views are not generalisations or a myopic view based on hearsay. I’ve said on here before I live and let live until something makes me see things differently. My views are shaped from personal (and sometimes violent!) experience.

Perhaps they could redeem themselves by apologising and coughing up the £108,000 they cost the councils last year

• Upvote 1

'They' is a pronoun. I can think of no other word to refer to a group people with whom I have interacted. There may well be itinerants who are as you describe - I simply haven't met any.

Bout time this thread was closed because all thats happening now is nottstalgians are "peeing off" other nottstalgians

Rog

Title of the thread is bound to get people of our ages moaning..............ought to be called ''old gits''..........lol.

Ive often been threatened by Travellers............but then again ive been threatened by lots of people,,,from 'Chavs' to Pensioners''.........love it..........lol.

• Like 1

Correct PP,,...........Some folk don't wait to get old before they start moaning.......miserable sods..........

• Like 3

I'm not going to get into semantics, let's, as you say, leave the bus parked and move on for goodness sake.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...