Things that pee you off...

At the minute i am peeved.... at the antics of rent an idiot who are at Alder Hay hospital, i have every sympath for the parents but their supporters seem to forget about all the other sick children. The noise and upheavel they are causing affects staff visitors and most of all the children, the staff devote themselves to caring for all the patients and do not deserve the bad press from so called "friends of Alfie".  Its only my opinion sorry if it offends anyone.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

There was a time, not too long ago - certainly well within my lifetime - that people (infants, children, adolescents, adults, anyone) with terminal illnesses were allowed to pass away quietly and with dignity in as comfortable a way as possible without any fanfares of court proceedings and ill-founded demonstrations of false grief and sympathy.

From what I have read about the case under consideration here, in common with most of the other similar recent cases, there is a very heavy tabloid newspaper involvement in keeping this story to the fore in the public eye.

Based on the unseemliness of the press, nowadays the attitude is "we have the technology, we must use it and tell the world how clever we are" even though the sad end result is inevitable with only very few exceptions. Having the technology is all very well but if the majority of its uses ends in failure it would have been far better to have kept quiet in the first place.

Who is paying the legal fees for this farce? Going to court ain't cheap. Going to the High Court and the European Court will cost someone a fortune. Think about it - it could be you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well it's certainly in the news again today. The burglars devotees yesterday put up yet more flowers, balloons and now birthday cards. If things had been left to settle, then the papers would have nothing to report ! They are now threatening to burn down a house of one of the old chaps neighbours, purely because he removed the stuff from his garden fence. They (Yes, that word again) fail to see the escalating situation, and insist on causing more havoc. Yes, by all means stick together, but face reality, and see the damage they are doing to the whole of the travelling community. They obviously have no idea of the ethics of a civilised society, and are taking lawlessness to a new extreme. 

It brings back memories of when I was on the jury of a particularly gruesome and horrific murder case nearly 40 years ago. 

Day one, loads of burly chaps and their blousy women parked their Mercs anywhere they liked, and were quite rowdy in the public gallery, as they had come to support the defendants who were travellers. At lunchtime, we proceeded to the pub across the road for a meal, but were made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, as the rowdy mates of the defendants were there too. 

From then on, things went relatively smoothly for a couple of weeks until the verdicts were read out. 25 years each, and the gallery erupted. Police tried to get them outside, and the jury were ushered to the safety of the basement. After a couple of hours, we were led out into the street, which by this time had been cleared, and we were all ferried home by police cars. 

In the face of overwhelming evidence, the family and friends of the defendants just couldn't or more likely wouldn't accept the decision of the jury, and the rudiments of British law, which believe it or not, is still the best in the world. 

• Like 2

Definitely !

'I'm so sad about this' quips Ant McPartlin as he leaves court after being fined £86k and banned for 20 months after his recent accident.

Well being as he's on £130k a week, I'm speechless ! 

• Like 1

Me too Fly......makes no sense.............sign on Bulwell Bogs i read this very morning,....''anyone consuming alcohol in this area will face a fine of £500'''

Considering the down and outs and homeless who it is aimed at,, don't have a pot to piss in,, what possible chance of a fine being paid is there,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yet mugging an old lady, or animal cruelty will only incur a fine about a quarter of that. 

Considering I was fined £450 and banned for 18 months in the early 80's , it's ridiculous. I only hit a post on an island, then went for a drink in the Cremorne to await my ex collecting me. Plod could only do me for Unfit to Drive, but the consequences were the same.

Oh, and I wasn't on £130 k per week either. 

Grrr ! 20 months..... Ludicrous !

• 2 weeks later...

A certain well known delivery service had a parcel for us. We were out so the person put a card through the door. It had lots of boxes to fill in to let us know what they had done with the parcel. NONE of them were filled in! No phone number. The on-line tracking for the parcel still says "your parcel is on its way to the courier" and this is 4 days later. My concern for the future is that if they move over to delivery by drones will our parcels end up on the space station?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Every day for a few weeks now i have been getting a phone call from some bloke who says Hello madam,...then he reels off my name,address,phone number....then he says can you confirm your name,so yesterday i gave him a false name........guess what he phoned this morning and said hello madam,and used the false name i had given him.I asked him what do you want,but he goes through a whole lot of questions....so i told him a pack of lies.I have tried a number blocking thing but he still gets through somehow.

• Like 1

We are getting a lot of automated (robo) calls from political parties asking what we think about the recent budget. It appears that the AI robot does not understand ("F*** Off) as it keeps calling back.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

CP next time he calls have a ref's whistle to hand, and give him a blast that will be the last time he phones.......

Make sure its a FoxPro40, its the one I use. Always good to be next to the player that's been giving you the most grief, and then blowing for full time right by his ear.smile2

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So Heinz are thinking of renaming salad cream as sandwich cream I hear. What a load of twaddle. It has been salad cream for over a hundred years and just because today's youth elect to use it other than on salad it does not mean it needs a new name. There are too many words in the English language that have been hijacked to mean something totally different. Get a life and accept what has been around many years does not need a new name.

• Like 2

Well, I shan't be changing my ways. Shan't be asking for sandwich cream or fries or potato chips. Shan't be using the word 'like' 10 times, totally unnecessarily in one sentence. Shan't be altering my mode of speech to American either because I'm English and mine is the language of Shakespeare, Milton and Wordsworth and I am immensely proud of it!

In short, all these folks can go and take a running jump. My dad advised me never to follow the herd. Never have. Never will.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Went into the Card Factory in Bulwell today to get a wedding anniversary card for my daughter and her hubby. Managed to find one suitable, but noticed amongst the cards were ones for 'Two Lovely Guys ', and for 'You Two Girls'. 

Honestly, I nearly fetched up my bacon and egg cob ! 

Snowflakey London maybe, Bulwell, no ! 

• Like 4
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...