Things that pee you off...

I also have had back problems and been for a scan the pain clinic GP ask if I wanted to try Acupuncture

I had got to the state that I would try anything, must admit did not have much faith in having needles stuck into me 

my own GP did the Acupuncture and I was amazed hardly felt a thing and it worked but you do have to have quite a few sessions. 

Of cause the last resort if you can't get your back sorted out is "Super vet" he his amazing, he mends nearly all the dogs that attend his practice, he should have been a professor for us humans, I'm sure he could cure all our bad backs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Another annoying thing is loyalty cards, club cards and discount cards etc.

I had one from Iceland ages ago, although I don't frequent the place that often, and the first time I attempted to use it, I was told it was unregistered, and to do it online. Far to many questions, so I binned it.

Went to B&Q the other day, and tried to use my discount card. Told it was out of date, so the woman gave me a new one, and told me to register it online, as staff weren't allowed to take customers personal details any longer. Tried online, but again, excessive questions. Binned it.

Madam returned from Superdrug with a card on the same day, and again, too many questions. Binned it !

Now I rarely patronise Iceland, so I'm not bothered. Likewise with B&Q, a tin of paint every couple of years, so again, I'm not bothered. 

Superdrug, I wouldn't entertain, as Wilkos are cheaper, and Boots is best anyway. 

Three less bits of crap to carry around in my wallet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All of those cards are just a 'come on' to get more of your personal info so they can send more useless ads to your e-mail or telemarketers on your phone.  I won't play their unethical game.  It must pay 'em or they wouldn't do it.

Exactly loppy. The amount saver / accrued is minimal, and the just fill up my wallet. I keep the H of F one, as we frequently shop there.

I was stopped in Bulwell the other day by a chap from the RSPCA, who was manning a stall. He wanted me to open a direct debit. No way.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, loppylugs said:

It's trying to wear you. Down, Oz

I think it might be winning or does patience reduce as we get older?

Microsoft continues to "push" updates and often when I turn my computer on it appears to just sit there doing nothing and when I eventually am able to interrogate it I can see it is doing a major update. Why don't the nob heads at MS just put a message on the screen asking if I want to do the update now or later before it goes and ties up my computer for many minutes. Yes I know I can turn off the automatic updates but some manners even in todays electronic world would not go amiss. 

• Like 1

You are right Oz.. That's why I quit using any M$oft products a year or two ago.  I've been much happier.

Yes, I think our patience does wear thinner as we age.  I am much less likely to just quietly put up with baloney in stores and other places than I used to do.  I try not to take it out on the cashier etc.. It's not their fault, but I'm just not giving out my e-mail, phone # etc. to buy.  Some silly little item.

• Like 2

Thoughtless parking. Heading for a car park off a very narrow one way street with double yellow lines both sides I could get no further. Some p*** had parked a car on the yellow lines and left it there, giving no room to get past. I guessed the driver was in a building nearby so my Volvo spoke, loud and clear! After the third time a bloke appeared, got in and drove away. He could not look at me! If he had two brain cells to rub together he would have noticed that 10 yards further along the road was a lay-by where he could still have parked on yellow lines but without blocking the whole road. 

• Like 1

"Pled" for the past tense/participle of "pleaded". I keep seeing this abomination in British newspapers and on the BBC website.

Just because it is used in America, Scotland and even in Hansard doesn't make it correct

• Like 2

Computers should not be allowed to take over the world and the writers of spill chuckers should ensure that what they are defining as correct actually is correct. My moniker on here, and some other places is jonab - this is invariably classed as wrong by my machine(s), no matter how much I tell them they are wrong. Even now, I am being badgered to correct my pseudonym to 'job' - sometimes it's Jonah or John (my actual name) or almost any or all combinations of the five letters that make up jonab. Grrrrrr!

• Like 2

Could you seriously imagine life without computers ? Banking, shopping, e-commerce, traffic control. ATC in fact the list is endless.

If you are having those problems when typing then turn your spell checker off !

• Like 2

No, I can't imagine the modern world without computers.

My gripe is that they are our servants, not our masters and they should do as they are told and when they are wrong (as in the instance of the spill chucker here) they should heed and remember that. Turning the thing off is not really the answer.

The spell checker is, I must admit, far more useful than not, it's just these niggly little things that get my goat.

• Like 1

I see that addiction to video games is now being treated as mental illness. What the hell are we doing to the younger generation? There is no wonder that violence is on the increase when you see the content of these games advertised. Most of it is pure violence and is influencing young minds to the point where they can't tell fact from fiction. When things go pear shaped the cry goes up that they have got one syndrome or another. No wonder if this is the tripe they are watching. It needs curtailing before it causes irreparable damage to society.

• Like 1

Too many parents sit their kids in front of a TV with a XBox then leave em to it. Kids being fed a constant diet of diet of carnage of all description are easily brain washed.

I've lost  count the number of times I've heard mothers trying to bribe their kids with, "if you don't behave you won't go to MacDc, KFC,Spoons" etc. etc.

It all begins at home.

I read somewhere the other day where the police had to be called (999)  because an eleven year old girl kicked off big style when her mother wouldn't let her staup up late to watch Love Island on TV. I kid you not.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, DaveN said:

A lot of the spelling mistakes maybe due to the spelling on the computer being set to American  and not English as we know it.

When colouring hair the colour chats state Blonde or Blond 1st one is the way we spell it 2nd is the way American's spell it.

• Like 1

Just want to get this off my chest

I had two very nice friends both of cause were married these  two grew up together and went to the same school also when one of the had a business the other went to work for him. Master and I joined a club and we met our friends via playing snooker. I cut and styled one of my friends hair for a number of years, he started his own business up but it never took off, so owing some money to !!!!!! he sold up and brought a bar in Spain we went over a few times to visit him but  as we got older we wanted  to see more of the world. Looking on Facebook one day the other friend had posted I miss my best friend its a sad loss, so back to real communication a thing called a telephone. Ask my friend to confirm that's it's true that other person (younger than my self by 10 years) had passed away, yes I was told, please let me know when the funeral is, yes I will, after two weeks I phoned him again but his son said that his mum and dad were on holiday what about the funeral ?  the son said his dad would be home at the weekend and would phone me! Still waiting!!!!!!!!!! sorry will not put any names to friends, but it would have been nice to have got a phone call. ps the information was pinned up in our club but seeing as its about 10 years since I have lived in Hucknall and don't go into the club very often I did not see it, but from what I have been told this notice was put up after the funeral.

That's friends for you.

2 minutes ago, katyjay said:

I always thought it was female blonde, and male blond.

HI Katyjay I have not heard of this but if you look at the colour charts for hair colour you will see different spellings  WELLA is a German make, L'O'REAL French, Clairol is American, I  sure this is right but feel free to tell me if it's not.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...