Things that pee you off...

Ok lads, that's enough, or we'll be accused of site domination !

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Oh, give me a home where the buffolo roam........ Sorry, I'll get my tea.

• Like 2

Nah ! I don't give in that easy !

• Like 1

Glad you did Loppy.........cheered my day up.......with some good old banter...........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, catfan said:

And I read somewhere the other day that many schools are banning young girls from wearing skirts as part of their school uniform ! Not gender neutral the lefty hand wringers say. The world is going mad & I want to get off.

You know, I just read that this morning, Mick.

The other week it was about boys wearing skirts at some school in the UK.  I wonder if they'll have to wear grey flannel knickers and have a knicker inspection each week?  

If you'd told me this stuff just ten years ago I would not have believed it.

Where's me parachute?

• Like 1

Jill Sparrow  I have just read your previous comments, will you please stop talking common sense , you are now classed as a trouble maker and you will be put on the list. If you carry on as you are people might start thinking for themselves, that will never do. Corporations have to make rubbish for the masses to eat to make a profit, they don't want to waste money on education , heavens forbid the masses might start thinking, how then can we get them to fight wars we start ,so we can sell weapons to make a profit. You said you might be cynical, well I admit I am, and I fear for the future of mankind sorry human kind. What is that show Stop the world I want to get off.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I protest, young Trogg. I've always been a trouble maker. I come from a very long line of trouble makers. Its in my DNA.

The head mistress at The Manning once told my father during parents' evening that his daughter was a troublemaker. "Of course she is," he replied. "She's my daughter and she's been brought up not to follow the herd which automatically means she's a troublemaker!" 

I'm almost 61 and I'm not going to change now...and, anyway, I don't want to!

• Like 4

Jill Sparrow you have made my day, do you know how many years, no decades since I have been referred to as young Trogg and from a lady ten years my junior, you have a fan forever.

• Like 3

Loppylugs I read about the boys wearing skirts to school, they asked as the weather is so hot could they wear shorts. They were given short shrift answer of no, they had to wear school uniform or they would be sent home, they then thought about it and decided to borrow skirts from the girls and wear them the next day , they complied with the school uniform standard. I have to admire them as they had a grievance and thought about it and out foxed the school within the rules. You cannot stop free thinking.

• Like 5

Looks like I'm having a bad day today after reading this article in the NP, greedy pub owners inflating drink prices when ING-GER-LAND play & screened on their TVs,

boycot em I say, let them show football matches to empty pubs.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/nottinghamshire-pubs-raise-price-drinks-1750902#comments-section

Some to avoid.

The pubs that are owned by Stonegate in Nottinghamshire are:

• Slug and Lettuce, Nottingham
  • Horn in Hand, Nottingham
  • Pit and Pendulum, Nottingham
  • Faradays, Nottingham
  • The Loxley, Nottingham
  • Squares, Nottingham
  • Yates, Nottingham
  • Willow Tree, Nottingham
  • Cross Keys, Arnold
  • The Green Dragon, Mansfield
  • The Old Post Office, Newark
  • Yates, Worksop

Any pub with a stupid name such as slugs etc never get my patronage. There's just no connection or inventiveness these days.

I don't mind the Bread & Bitter on Mapperley Top, as its situated in an old bakery, and is totally suitable. 

The rest, no way !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more Catfan. That little brat would not be allowed near a tv or computer of any kind for a long time. In the new found leisure time at his disposal he would have severe lessons in behaviour and anger control, not to mention a sore backside. Allowed to continue his current behaviour it is only a matter of time before he gets on the wrong side of the law. Let the dogooders pick the bones out of that one.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It is absolutely amazing that any adult man or woman would allow themselves to be pushed around by a nine year old.  My folks would have nailed me to the wall if I'd pulled a stunt like that.

They need to grow up and take a stand.  Of course they probably thought it funny when the kid threw a tantrum or cussed' 'em out years ago.  You reap what you sew.  If they think it's hard now wait 'til he's about 14.

And in a Young Offenders Centre !

• Like 1

Hopefully he'll fall foul of some gang leader, drug baron or a prison bully.

I wonder if he is on some type of medication.  Often seems to be case these days.  The media plays it down but it can result in extreme aggression.  Couple that with the effects of video games and things can get nasty real quick.  Sound like they all need. Some help.

Numerous school shooters here have been said to be on some kind of meds.

The only medication these oiks have is Red Bull and Stella !

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...