Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Stella Artois is a strongish Belgian lager that invokes violent behaviour. I detest it.

• Like 1
On 7/4/2018 at 5:58 PM, loppylugs said:

July 4.  Independence Day here!  Not my favorite day.  I (jokingly) tell folks I don't celebrate my country getting kicked out of here in 1776.  :biggrin:. Bloomin'. Fireworks going off'till midnight.  Me dog scared to death.  What's to celebrate.  Heard of a survey recently.  Half the folks don't really know what it was about or when it was.  Another third thought we separated from Virginia.  I kid you not!

About the same level as the understanding of 'Brexit' here then....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Stella Artois is a strongish Belgian lager that invokes violent behaviour. I detest it.

It doesn't invoke any more violent behaviour than any other drink.  The violence comes from the inadequacy of the drinker, not the drink.

I love it, and I've never hit a soul whilst, or after, drinking it.   You can either handle the 'booze' or you can't.  What you drink is neither here nor there...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

I've seen Red Bull on sale here.  Never heard of Stella.  Probably the same formula.  We are living in strange days.

Not so Loppy.

Red Bull is basically marketed as an 'Energy' drink. It is non alcoholic, but contains a lot of caffeine, sugars and other stuff.  Stella Artois, is a Belgian Lager of about 4.8% ABV, which is pretty average for 'continental' beer.  They don't tend to guzzle it quite the way we Brits do.. I like it.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, catfan said:

Over heard a young bint on the bus to the QMC on her phone & every other phrase she muttered was "You Know What I Mean" NO I bleddy don't & don't want to either !

Bint?

• Like 1

It's a good job that we are all here to tell the world the error of its ways.

• Like 1

It's a shame he can't find something more constructive and educational to do with his time. Personally, I can't see the point of gaming. The only things I've ever been addicted to are crosswords.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

What does the woman expect special gaming chair for his comfort, he breaks his tele they buy him a new one, he don't need a sore back side they all need a bullet.......

Can she claim extra on their benefit (state handout) for such dire events?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Bint?

I understand it's Arabic and means something like "attractive young lady". There is a perfume sold in the Middle East (but almost unknown elsewhere) called Bint el Sudan which is one of the largest selling perfumes in the world in both quantity and value.

Blimey Den ! That's a good un for this time in a morning !

• Like 1

It's been exactly four years since madam retired, and she's just told me that in that time, I've become less tolerant, more irrational, argumentative, confrontational, bad tempered, over sensitive, sharp tongued, prone to tantrums and mardy.

MARDY ! I wasn't going to stand for that, and burst into tears, stamped my feet, and threw teddy out of the window. 

How very dare she ! LOL.girlvboy

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jonab said:

I understand it's Arabic and means something like "attractive young lady". There is a perfume sold in the Middle East (but almost unknown elsewhere) called Bint el Sudan which is one of the largest selling perfumes in the world in both quantity and value.

I think it's just girl or woman in Arabic, but it generally has pretty negative connotations in the UK, though opinions seem varied.  When I was a lad it was definitely a derogatory, or at least disrespectful term. 

Dictionary
bint
bɪnt/
noun
Britishinformalderogatory
noun: bint; plural noun: bints
  1. a girl or woman.
Origin
mid 19th century: from Arabic, literally ‘daughter, girl’.

Translate bint to

Use over time for: Bint
image.png.3092765e6f1ccb9693247bf02c72d869.png

Translations, word origin and more definitions
"Look...you can't proclaim yourself king just because some moistend bint lobbed a ... The Arab meaning of the word "woman" but often used as a sexist term ...

Bint | Define Bint at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/bint

[bint] noun British Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used to refer to a woman or girl.

The term entered the British lexicon during the occupation of Egypt at the end of the 19th century, where it was adopted by British soldiers to mean "girlfriend" or "bit on the side". Its register varies from that of the harsher bitch to being affectionate, the latter more commonly associated with the West Midlands.
English · ‎Crimean Tatar · ‎Dutch · ‎Maltese

Bint dictionary definition | bint defined - YourDictionary

www.yourdictionary.com › Dictionary Definitions › bint

From Arabic بِنْت (bínt, “girl, daughter”), used to denote a patronym. ... It is used as a derogatory slang word in the United Kingdom, meaning 'woman' or 'girl'. Its register varies from that of the harsher bitch to an affectionate term for a young woman, the latter being more commonly associated with the West Midlands.

Definition of bint - a girl or woman.

Bint definition: a girl or woman | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.  

image.png

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jonab said:

Can she claim extra on their benefit (state handout) for such dire events?

Good point jonab, no doubt his mother will put a claim in for DLA + Carers allownance as soon as she has convinced the Doctors her son has ADHD or summat when all he needs is a good tanning !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

The Bulwell definition of "Bint" is a dopey young girl !  Dopey being the optimum word in this instance.

We used the word ‘bint’ at Mellish in 50/60’s meaning a girl but there was nothing derogatory intended. We also used the dreaded ‘N’ word. I still do but not as a form of address! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

We used the word ‘bint’ at Mellish in 50/60’s meaning a girl but there was nothing derogatory intended. We also used the dreaded ‘N’ word. I still do but not as a form of address! :biggrin:

I never heard Bob say that, Phil.  :biggrin:

Re Stella. It's not particularly the taste I dislike. It's the amount of discarded cans laying about from chavs, the great unwashed of the area, and the mobs that hang about parks, recreation grounds, and beauty spots. 

Anyway,  topped up my Becks quantity in readiness for tomorrow afternoon !

• Like 1

I'm not a lager fan, just blows me up, always liked a traditional darker bitter used to love Whitbread Trophy & McEwans Export when I was a youth, but in this heat I gone off the hand pull & been drinking Birra Morretti in the Cross Keys & that Belgian fruit beer Fruli served across the road in Belgo, the barmaid said to me you don't have it in pints, I do.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is too easy to write off bad behaviour as having one syndrome or another. It is high time some of the analysts who lumber the normal ones of us with the annoyance of putting up with these brats were analysed themselves. There is no excuse for rank bad behaviour and the sooner it is cracked down on the better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I may be cynical but why do the "experts" keep finding new syndromes, is it because they then become experts and famous and can charge more for their services. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, woody said:

It is too easy to write off bad behaviour as having one syndrome or another. It is high time some of the analysts who lumber the normal ones of us with the annoyance of putting up with these brats were analysed themselves. There is no excuse for rank bad behaviour and the sooner it is cracked down on the better.

Just had an hours long discussion with my 40 year old daughter who is a snowflake social worker, was good fun listening to her making all the excuses she could think of for badly behaved kids & useless parents.

I did get her to admit a clip around her ear hole from me never did her any harm !

Me 1 daughter 0   smile2

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I think you are right Trogg.  Lot of money to be made here.

Even if they were right.  Not one of them has ever published a paper on why this is happening now and was not a big problem fifty years ago.  I have no time for them.  Bunch of experts and you know what they are.  An ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure.  Lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...