Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Going back to the discussion of children in pubs ( I didnt see it until today and Jonab and Nonna were mentioned) Children here and in France are basically the same with the exception that they are taught to be formal in their speech.Young children like to run around in restaurants and during church services ( which I hate and condone) their parents are responsible for their behaviour in such places. But if their parents don't control their children others do it. My daughter turned direction with a boiling pan in her arms and came across a small child who had come into the kitchen. Its parents were oblivious where the child was. My daughters partner ( ex husband) went into the dining room and played merry hell with the parents. Its so dangerous in a restaurant s kitchen.

Going back to the discussion , not all young children are like that thank goodness. It does seem though that its the offspring of the more influential types.

Teen agers are the best they are extra polite and talk to adults in the formal way unless you ask them to

" diamoci del tu"  give us the informal way. They are genuinely interested in what you say and ask lots of questions. They are mostly very studious , have loads of homework and enjoy themselves in a way that doesnt annoy others. Very often you will see a group large or small of 10, 11, 12 yr olds enjoying a pizza in a pizzeria. Their behaviour is impeccable although sometimes a bit noisy, but they never cause any trouble. 

Thats here in the village its probably not like that in the cities. As always in the big cities theres always stories about youngsters getting drunk. Must admit though not like in Uk where its too much out of hand.

Children are brought up with wine in their houses and its always on the table at mealtimes. They can go into bars  and could fetch cigarettes for parents( dont know if they still can) They grow up not being curious about alcohol.

Cats..... I respect all animals but enough is enough. Our next door neighbours love cats and I'm happy for them . Theirs stay in the house but until a few weeks ago there were 7 ,strays  theyve had kittens ( adorable I agree) now there at least 12 two of which look decidedly ill. We've told the young couple and all they said was "we know"  Theyve recently had a baby and I suspect that although they , the cats are fed theyve lost interest in them. I do wonder if theyve been treated for fleas as we have 4 dogs including my daughters dog who are more than well cared for.

Yesterday the tilers  had finished tiling my kitchen and the entrance. I had spent the day at my daughters across the courtyard but when I came home the tilers said to keep the front door open all night. No way. We kept it open until about 11pm when my husband came across to show me how the cross over the tiles two cats came wandering out so no doubt theyd done a grand tour . We can't leave any cushions on garden furniture as in the morning there are little spots of blood and black marks ( fleas) Once I left a wet bathrobe on a clothes horse not to dry but I forgot about it. It was so filthy next day that I had to throw it away.

Our neighbours on the other side have an alsation who limps very badly and has been doing so for a long while. Ive already mentioned this to them twice and so has my husband. The reply is " yes we know" 

WELL DO SOMETHING. I think they only have the dog to bark at strangers and non strangers. I cant take my dogs out to the gate without him going berserk and then it sets my dogs off. I wish people would be more considerate towards their pets.

sorry grumble over but it does make me mad.

• Like 2

Sadly, some people are not fit to have cats...or any pets. They do not realise the responsibility it involves. The cost of buying flea treatment, the cost of veterinary treatment, etc, isn't cheap but if you take on a pet, it is your responsibility to cover these costs.

My friends who run cat rescue are very familiar with people who turn up with cats and tell the most outrageous lies about why they can't keep them. The real reason is because they've acquired a dog or a child and...as for people who allow their pets to breed unchecked...dont get me started on that one!

Personally, I'd lock these idiots up and throw the key away. Thank heaven there are those who are prepared to care for these neglected animals and others who are willing to support them!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I was disturbed a few weeks ago when I saw an advert for an automatic pet feeder - a device that you load up with food and water and place it where your pet can reach it. At predetermined times an electronically controlled mechanism operates and dispenses a serving of food/water. OK, that's bad enough but there is a CCTV camera attached which connects with your WiFi to allow you to see your pet feeding. The device operates for a week without requiring a refill or any attention.

For heaven's sake, if you have a pet, you MUST take responsibility for its welfare, not farm it out to some robot.

• Like 4

We had a big ginger cat who could open closed doors !  Only this morning Mrs C was relating a story where she was taking a bath & the bathroom door handle slowly opened, knowing I was at work she was really scared until this lad walked in the room !

PC160010_zpsfc768c37.jpg

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, jonab said:

Just thought about something re the robot pet feeders - what about the waste disposal? Is there a partner robot to deal with that?

Mrs C recentky bought a Robot vacuum cleaner & she even named it Robert ? Anyway on returning home from Bulwell this morning the bleddy thing had wreaked havoc, opened one door by bashing in to it & managed to close another door. It's going back !

• Like 1

I have one like that Loppy. last night in her bed I found a full packet of tissues opened and chewed, 2 big pieces of cardboard the tilers had left under the kitchen units, various pieces of cement and plastic , little pieces of wood and those little plastic spacers they use in tiling.There was no room left for Lily. I'd told the tilers to keep as much off the floor as possible especially the plastic spacers as Lily eats everything. I can't put plants on the stairs or floor, she rips the leaves off.

• Like 1

There is a cat at cat rescue, name of Sergei, who steals cat food pouches, opens them by making a small hole and, presumably, sucks out the contents! I regularly find empty pouches with just a small hole, hidden under a chair. He would rather steal pouches than eat from a bowl! 

• Like 1
On 9/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, IAN123. said:

We have decided..no turkey..so it will be different.

I once had a turkey on Christmas Day - not to celebrate Christmas but to celebrate not celebrating Christmas with a turkey.

• Like 1

GRRRRRR! I spent two weeks and lots of diesel trying to track down a copy of a local book for my sister. Finally found one, went to visit her in Northumberland - and left the bloody thing on my kitchen table!  That really peed me off.

Heckington2012_(6).jpg

The story behind this picture, Heckington country show a few years ago, watching the show jumping,no special competition just a country show, at the next fence this horse refused and the rider fell off, the rider got up and started to whip the horse on his neck quite a few times and really hard, I was enraged by this act of cruelty, I nipped under the barrier tape and took the whip off the rider and started to hit him with it, I was soon got hold of by some hooray Henry's and threatened with police action and be thrown out of the showground, at least I got my point across to the moron, should have hit him harder, don't like to see that sort of thing

Rog

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...