Things that pee you off...

Good for you, Rog. Grandma Kate would be proud of you! My father had seen her do precisely the same thing to Ted whose horses didn't like him and wouldn't cooperate when he wanted to harness them. Kate loved animals but had very little time for people. Wonder who I take after?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Same thing with some locals down the next village last year, young lad walking what looked like rescue greyhounds about five of them, they wanted to stop for whatever reason and he started snatching them on their leads really hard, I stopped my car and started shouting at him, calling him a  (foul language)  hill billy and if I ever saw him treating animals like that again I would put a lead on him and drag him around the village, Mrs P had to calm me down I was furious,don't like to see it at all

Rog

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

There is too much choice in supermarkets, I nipped in to ours today to get some milk

Had to spend five minutes reading the labels to see that I had got the right sort.

Here are some of the ones I can remember

full cream Jersey, full cream, both full cream milks in homogenised and unhomogenised, low fat, flavoured milks in both full and low fat, most popular flavours, chocolate, strawberry and coffee in various strengths, semi skim, skim, lactose free,  rice milk?, oat milk? soy milk?,  almond milk?, many varieties have added stuff, mostly calcium and iron and even something called A2 milk.

I am sure there are others and in my book milk comes from animals not plants.

• Upvote 1

I just go for red top. Nothing else.

I did go into two supermarkets yesterday, and was astounded see mince pies on sale already. Ridiculous, there's two months to go yet before Christmas.

Oh, btw, I only treated myself to one box ! LOL

• Like 2

Jill, there's already an appalling yogurt drink concoction called Yakult. The very sound of it sends me bilious.

• Like 2

Yes, FLY, I've seen that but not tried it. It does sound a bit dicey. I have yogurt for breakfast every day and am currently scoffing kefir which is fermented yogurt. A bit thin but ok. Prefer something like Rachel's or Onken but only certain flavours. Tried a special edition strawberry and champagne recently...yuk, never again!

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I just go for red top. Nothing else.

I did go into two supermarkets yesterday, and was astounded see mince pies on sale already. Ridiculous, there's two months to go yet before Christmas.

Oh, btw, I only treated myself to one box ! LOL

Not to mention hot cross buns!

• Upvote 1

Jill, Lidls do lovely flavoured yogurts in large tubs. The manufacturer is Milbonia or something similar. I got two vanilla ones yesterday. Absolutely scrumptious, especially with runny honey (also at Lidls) 

I'm not sure I like the sound of Kefir, it sounds a bit African to me !

• Like 1

Vanilla is a favourite, as is honey! I'll give Lidl a go. Like their smoked salmon. Kefir is, I believe, originally a Turkish method of fermentation. I suspect you're thinking of Kaffir, FLY. Think that's a no no word these days. I'll probably be prosecuted now! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yakult (above) tasted to me as if it has been eaten before by someone else - the name even suggests that. Popular down here though.

With yoghurt, I really used to enjoy Sainsbury's black cherry yoghurt when I lived in England so, when I was over last Christmas and went to Sainsbury's in Chichester (mentioned in another thread re. pork pies), I saw this ostensibly same flavour yoghurt. I bought a pot. Disgusting!!!!! It tasted of bitter almonds and had a very rough texture on the tongue. The roughness was most likely due to the cornflour content. Cornflour has no place in yoghurt.

For information: Kaffir, as well as being a derogatory term is also the name of a variety of lime with very aromatic leaves. Used in Asian cooking. I have a kaffir lime tree in my collection of citrus trees.

• Like 1

Anything unpleasant tasting very rarely gets past my lips and if by chance it does, it never happens a second time.

Yakult is best avoided, I feel.

Do you feel better for taking it or does it give you a feeling of bravado in being able to get it into your stomach?

3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Wot? No sterilized milk? Yuk...or should that be Yak?!

Not seen sterilized for years we, have long life UHT treated milk which I guess is like sterilized and doesn't need keeping in the fridge. I didn't go down the aisle with the tinned milk in it, sweetened and unsweetened condensed and evaporated milk and coconut milk and all its variations.

Too confusing and don't even get me started on bread, that's worse when it comes to choice

30 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Speak fer yersen, Loppy, I grew up on it too! 

Grandma Kate always had sterilized milk. My mother detested it and always took her own pasteurized milk when we went to visit...along with her own China cup and saucer!

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...