Things that pee you off...

It certainly had a taste all of its own. I could not drink tea with regular flat top milk till I got married. Weaned myself off stera. Not sure if it was because Long Clawson dairy didn't carry stera.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Idiots who abuse the 999 system. The clown who called it over a 3p dispute at a filling station is a prime example. Unfortunately being a prize moron is not an offence but wasting police time is. Take their details and then prosecute and fine them heavily to get the message over that you do notrisk putting othets at risk because of your own stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Drivers who don’t indicate at roundabouts so you presume they are going straight on and then turn left so you could have gone. Those who pull in behind you to let an ambulance/fire engine through and then try to pass when it has gone past.the idiot who blocked my sisters car in a parking space and then watched her trying to get out, waited until she had managed to get out and was waiting to get on Road and then came to move his car and “help” her.

• Like 1

Filling Stations that sell groceries ! I was in Lymington Hants last Sunday, and in rather a hurry to be on the road home. I filled up at the Co-op and then had to wait about ten minutes while a woman bought the week's groceries. One till open, and about a dozen frustrated motorists twiddling their thumbs.

Yes Ben, I've seen  a few recently. Prices still top notch though !

I worked for MCColls until a few months ago. They acquired a load of the smaller co-op convenience stores this year. They can be very expensive. Feel sorry for the staff.

The latest Amazon advert where the question is asked "What era would you like to live in?". Nothing wrong with that but era is pronounced "error"". Didn't these people learn to speak the Queens English at school or are we dealing with aliens?

The idiot who was reversing their car on the inside lane of the M6! I was driving south through the roadworks in the early hours of Sunday amd making steady progress within the speed limit. In front I saw hazard lights flashing so I pulled out into the middle lane in plenty of time/distance feeling sorry for the poor driver who had broken down. As I got closer no more sympathy as I saw reversing lights on and the car was reversing! A shame I do not have a dashcam. Checking the online news when I got home there was no report of an accident on that part of the motorway and I was hugely relieved. Stupidity like that puts lives at risk.

• Like 1

People who are still letting off fireworks on the 11 November.

Might that be something to do with the Armistice?

Although commemorations of things like this are somewhat different in France, there is often a liberal use of firecrackers. It might be something to do with the lack of a Guy Fawkes type excuse for irresponsible behaviour, although there is Bastille Day.

There were still sporadic ones around 12.30 here last night ! Ludicrous.

Debris and detritus from yet another weekend of totally unnecessary fireworks. Last week, I cleared rocket sticks, shattered plastic, cardboard tubes and other rubbish from the back lawn. This morning as I was filling the bird feeders, I picked up a big smelly plastic tube like a bazooka shell. It was like Passcheandale again at midnight last night.

Give it a rest you Basford chav louts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 10/28/2018 at 7:33 AM, Stavertongirl said:

Drivers who don’t indicate at roundabouts so you presume they are going straight on and then turn left so you could have gone. Those who pull in behind you to let an ambulance/fire engine through and then try to pass when it has gone past.the idiot who blocked my sisters car in a parking space and then watched her trying to get out, waited until she had managed to get out and was waiting to get on Road and then came to move his car and “help” her.

Years ago I parked my car in a road near Hockly when I got back to it those around me had blocked me in. I got in and shunted back and forth and gradually there was a group of young lads who I thought were going to help me get out without bumping either car. But no they stood and watched me probably thinking she's a woman she'll never get out. Well I did and blow me the lads stood there applauding. So I waved and went on my way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Mike Ashley reckons it'll become Notthighams Harrods.

Remember taking a football team (savemore) formally Marsdens about 1969 to play a team in Worksop,,hard game but we won,,............after we were took to i think a community centre ,,fed and watered by lovely people,,was courting a girl from Whitwell at the time,,lovely lass,,with them bottle rim glasses,,it broke my heart when i moved to the next job in Rotherham,,but got over it pretty quick when i met 'big Mavis''              lol

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...