Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

How many jollies can you have for £150K . Well just ask the Metropolitan Police, as they've just been awarded that sum to continue 'investigating' the Madeleine McCann case. How long are they going to continue milking it ?  A tragic and unnecessary event, but I believe that some prominent people in the case know the answer. My thoughts are with poor Maddie.

• Like 2

My previous comments (in this thread) on this:

What seems to be ignored (conveniently) in this McCann saga is the FACT that the parents and their friends left the children alone and unsupervised while they went out on a "jolly". Weren't/aren't there laws covering this? Don't they accept any responsibility? From the little that gets on the news media down here (but I know how big it is in the UK), there seems to be plenty of self-pity but no acceptance of responsibility.

My views remain exactly the same.

• Like 4
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

Why can't the so called "clever" websites remember that I have said no thanks or no to some enhancement or new feature and stop asking me every time.

Are you listening Mr Google?

Simply select a different browser?

Won't solve the problem..but at least it's a different Mr!

I don't get these enhancement/new feature recommendations suggestions.

I use Ghostery, AdBlock+ and Web of Trust to try and avoid any and all things I don't want on my web pages and, for the most part, they're very successful. I sometimes get warnings telling me I am using an adblocker (as if I wasn't aware of that) but any site that thinks I want such a reminder doesn't deserve my patronage anyway.

I'm on my French computer ATM so I won't give links for the three suggestions but you should be able to get the English web addresses on English Google.

IMG-3093.jpg

The title says it all. this is the result of next doors dog being hit by a hit and run driver.

Vet tried to save his leg but he had a broken tendon. Wherever I go I look at cars to see if there's any damage to the front of the car. The dog is big and heavy so it must have had a big impact on his car.

Billy was boisterous before but nothing has stopped him . he's only a year old and as playful as before. Every time we go out he's there to say hello.

I was speeding one early morning on the way home from work, country highway, so only dangers were big trucks, kangeroos and other wild life. I was doing around 100mph, yeh I know, but I'd done a hard shift underground and wanted to get to bed. DAMN, a fox right in the middle of my lane!! At that speed I daren't swerve, so I said to myself, "Oh Well" here's a few hundred bucks of damage coming up.

All I heard was a loud bang, and a shimmy in the steering wheel, I had power steering.

I got home, but in the poor street lighting I couldn't

see any damage. When I got out of bed later on, I inspected my car, there were a couple of blood spots, but no damage.

I suppose it depends on where the collision took place if you have any body damage.

My wife's hit a fair few deer on the way home from the office and they cause a lot of expensive damage, That's why I fitted a heavy duty bumper bullbars to our latest truck.

• Like 1

I've got a couple of those deer whistles behind the grill in my car.  We do have a lot of Deer around here. I don't know if the whistles actually do much, but thus far I've avoided a problem.  I'm not driving anywhere near as much as I used to anyway.

We have lot of Roe deer that must sleep in the wood further down the road. We often see them dashing across the road in 2's -3's and 4's as the other day. Fortunately no one has hit them yet. My son has had a run in with wild boars that are also common round here. They are often seen in groups with their offspring , frightening driving at night when you come across them. They are huge weighing up to 100 kg and if you hit one they make a huge amount of damage.

On a matter of interest its one of the local specialities , braised wild boar. ( Chinghiale) if you're eating out.:(

Each time the wife's encountered deer, she had deer scarers on the front bumper Dave.

Over $2000 worth of damage to a Dodge truck, about a thousand to a Chevy S10, two hits with the S10 she is driving now, I'd say  couple of grands worth in those two hits.

Feral pigs around here too Nonna, although not seen any as of yet, Missouri Conservation has a shoot on sight order out, as they do a lot of damage and highly dangerous to livestock and children.

Their tusks are enough to make you run. There are a lot of hunters around here but don't know if they go after wild boars. Hares , truffles and once they gave my daughter a roe deer to cook, they chopped it up and gave her all the flesh including the head. Can't remeber how many there were but they ate the whole lot washed down with bottles of local wine ( Barbera)

We have been warned not to touch the carcasses or eat the pork, they are loaded with parasites, instructions are use a tractor bucket to collect them, either bury them or burn them.

We are not allowed to shoot deer out of the hunting season, road kill deer yes. Not liking the taste of venison, I don't hunt them, I regularly see five or six white tail deer around the house site, they stand and listen to me talking to them. They are usually around 20 yards away and take off if I start to walk towards them.

• 1 month later...

I paid nearly £500 for fence panels, concrete posts, and postcrete, plus £15 for delivery, and the chaps wouldn't cart the stuff any further than the top of the drive. Insurance purposes the big guy said. In case we scratch your gates. I said I'd retouch it if they scratched it.

Sorry, we only drop off he said. I thought a tenner might persuade them, but then I thought, no way. Miserable sods.

Got to wait till Monday for in law assistance now damn it !

• Like 1

No Margie, madams car is in front of it, and nobody can see it from the road.  They'd need to be bleddy strong to lift those damn posts !

• Upvote 1

I had that problem Fly when I had my lady shed delivered they call it kerb side

drop off. I played my feeble female card and he bought it though the gates for me.

I did give him a £10 pound tip. 

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Talking to a bloke in Greggs Newark this morning says he knows who started the fire, it was the bloke who owns the company who's got the contract to rebuild it, seemed genuine enough chap, friendly folk in Newark,know loads of stuff (not much of it any use mind)

Rog

21 minutes ago, plantfit said:

he knows who started the fire,

As someone has said, 'he has a good hunch about it'

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This really P*sses me off. Taken from the Leicster mercury and also an article on the TV news. When will the Health and Safety police realise that Goerge Orwell's "1984" was meant to be a novel - not a flipping rule book! If any group could be said to be self-policing it's the WI. Anyone found baking substandard cakes or using dirty premises would be forced to undergo such humiliation that they would never dare bake a cake again!:

"....Women’s Institute members have been stopped from baking cakes for a Leicestershire hospice due to health and safety rules.

The Leicestershire and Rutland WI has been told by Loros [Hospice] that they cannot accept cakes from them unless members get environmental health approval for their kitchens.

The Leicester City Council food safety experts inspected the kitchen of the hospice in Groby Road on February 27 and told staff about the regulations.

This means that Loros can only accept cakes and pastries from people who have baked them in registered kitchens which have received a council food safety rating.

Glenice Wignall, vice chairwoman of the board of trustees of the Leicestershire and Rutland Women’s Institute, said: “It is all very sad....." She went on to say that in forty years of baking for the hospice, there had not been a single incidence of ill helath due to their baking. GRRR!

• Like 3

I remember a few years ago the company I worked for gave every employee a frozen turkey for christmas,enormous things they were,far too big for just the two of us so I called in at the local retired folks home to donate it for their christmas dinner, "No thanks " they told me "we don't accept donations of food,but if you want to give us the value of the turkey in pounds and pence we will take that", Gave it to the Sally army for the homeless,they accepted it willingly so thats where all my donations go to now,helping the homeless

Rog

• Like 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...