Things that pee you off...

4 hours ago, Compo said:

Women’s Institute members have been stopped from baking cakes for a Leicestershire hospice due to health and safety rules.

And quite right too Compo, we can't have a load of naked middle aged ladies wot lunch chucking raisins all over the place. Mixing batter after a large vino collapso and singing Jerusalem at top of their voices. My word no indeed sir I should jolly well hope not. They'll want to start sticking flowers in vases and where will it end after that I ask you...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The way councils seem to think it beneficial to queuing traffic to have 1 lane going to 2 from traffic lights and back to 1 again and so on, so as to create a drag strip then a bottleneck etc.

The perfect recipe for road rage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Despite the so called 'experts' decrying centre lane hoggers on motorways, scientists at Aston Uni in Birmingham have done endless surveys, investigations, studies and monitoring of accidents and incidents on Mways, and have come to the conclusion that the majority of accidents are caused by constant lane hopping, especially without indicating. 

I see numerous such scenarios on Mways , but last week in France..... Nothing ! 

• Upvote 1

Stupid phrases that so called 'hip' folk use, such as 'I'll allocate you a window' when ringing up for an appointment. Well actually, I've a full set of windows already you prat.

Then of course there's there's the perennial excuse if someone is claiming that they weren't responsible for something by saying 'Not on my watch'. Well my watch is on my wrist thanks.

Then the irritating Australian originating 'Good call' instead of well done or congratulations. Grrrr. Our beautiful language is constantly being bastardised by these airheads.

• Like 1

Oh good call Fly! you saw a window of opportunity to make a point and went for it. Great to know such bastardised phrases will gain no traction on your watch....   slywink

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ha, well done Brew. I was just going to chill, sorry, relax in the garden, but I thought I'll just give it a couple of minutes to see if I get a response, and as if by magic, it appeared. I bet I can guess who'll be next ! LOL

• Like 1

At least we seem to have abondoned that 60's twaddle of saying 'man', and 'cat' when referring to people. 

Here we go !

17 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

....Do we still use ‘thee’ and ‘thou’? Only in church and they haven’t caught up with the times for centuries.

We don't use those terms in our church.   There are other denominations other than  Anglican... Perhaps it's you that needs to catch up,  Phil!

30 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Do we still use ‘thee’ and ‘thou’

My mate Brian does, mind he is from Barnsley thou knows

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

If such phrases are your bag Fly there are many groovy sayings from yesteryear that are far out, they can be quite a gas in fact. Of course it's a real drag when nobody digs what you're saying so all you can do then is split the scene man.

• Upvote 1

Ok, back to reality folks.  Re thee's and thou's. A work colleague used to speak like that, and we nicknamed him Billy Hardcastle after the Last of the Summer Wine character. Trouble is, he only came from Ilkeston !

• Like 1

It's called hypocrisy Rog ! 

• Like 1

Just seen that the Scousers beat the Cockneys in the European Champions League Final. It's a bit rich, considering that neither club were the current holders, nor champions of their national league. That's how things used to be before the rules were altered to suit the big clubs, and to appease the TV companies. Ludicrous !

Another £300k allocated for the Madeleine McCann jolly, sorry, investigation !

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...