Things that pee you off...

Beats me matey ! Surely cleaning and valeting the car boot, and washing the teddy bear, immediately after her disappearance was mighty suspicious !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

People thinking Southgate is a good manager. At the last world cup we only won against minor teams. Croatia and Belgium were far too good tactically.

Now we get beat by the Netherlands...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48550951

I also wonder why the McCann's receive so much time and money in the search for their daughter.

Over £12 million have so far been spent on the probe since 2007 and it's ongoing.

Thousands of other missing children just get a brief mention in the news and are then forgotten about. It was a terrible thing that happened and you have to hope that one day Madeleine McCann will be found alive and well.

• Upvote 1

I'm dead certain that the press are just waiting for the moment when the parents slip up, and then they'll pounce without a scrap of mercy.

• Like 2

We are constantly reminded about clean air and pollution. We have congestion charges and now there is talk about fining people for keeping car engines running in traffic queues. All important issues needing to be addressed but why do they just hammer the car drivers? On two consecutive days at the same railway station a train that was not next to a platform was running its engine for about 20 minutes and making a great deal of noise, particulate pollution and carbon dioxide. It is one rule for public transport and another for us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, BilboroughShirley said:

why do they just hammer the car drivers?

Because they can! We are just cash cows and they will milk us for all they can get. When cars take control and there is no more revenue from speeding fines, they will simply draft a new law and off we go again..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look at parliament street since they banned cars its twice as bad now with endless lines of buses when you think the average worker works one week a month for nothing with taxation to keep our representatives in the style to which they have been accustomed  We are the only employers who have no control over what we pay our employees They are clearly above the law We could do with another Cromwell  meeowed

• Like 2

I agree with you Brew about the cash cows. Parking charges and parking fines also rip off the motorist. Sainsbury's in town has now put up cameras and limited parking to 2 hours with no return within an hour. I can see why they have done this. The pay and display car park opposite is now being built on: retirement flats with little or no parking! They fine you £70 if you overstay in the supermarket now or go back within an hour. So if you forget something from your shopping then the best bet is to go to Morrisons. I prefer them anyway!

Even our local Aldi are doing it so in the spirit of 'stick in your ear' I stopped going there.

Our local Aldi and Tesco have dropped their parking limit to 1 1/2 hrs.  This has come about due to tourists parking their car and bussing down to Brighton, Eastbourne etc. Was talking to a car park officer in Sainsburys, Haywards Heath and he told me of a car which had two weeks of parking tickets on it due to the owner parking up and buggering off to Spain for a fortnight. Not only did he go over the two hour limit, but did it for fourteen days !!! Would've loved to see his fines !!

20 hours ago, BilboroughShirley said:

why do they just hammer the car drivers?

Don’t worry, when all the green crap kicks in everyone’s gonna get hammered.

37 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Not only did he go over the two hour limit, but did it for fourteen days !!! Would've loved to see his fines !!

I think maybe it would only count as one offence providing the car didn't move.

They need to get the inspectors round to Tesco's at Top Valley, where all the chavs in their clapped out BMW's, Suburu's and Zafiras park on the chevrons, the bus pull in, the set down only area, the double yellows outside the ATM's. If they've got new cars, then they straddle the white line, thus making it nigh on impossible for others to park in busy times of the day. 

The sub titles on TV, if available, are of a dismal quality. Incorrect words are some times funny but usually quite annoying. I don't think that any of the program producers check that the sub titles are functional. Simple things like the sub titles superimposed on score lines in sport. Snooker, cycling and footy are all as bad. There are huge gaps in the commentaries that leave me guessing what went on. What really annoys me is that pre recorded shows have not been corrected for these errors. I can understand that some stuff is lost in live sport and news items but things like sport highlights, where the footage has been condensed and monitored should surely have had the sub titles sorted out? :angry2:

2 hours ago, Brew said:

I think maybe it would only count as one offence providing the car didn't move.

The parking officer told me it had been treated as 14 different offences. B.

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

They need to get the inspectors round to Tesco's at Top Valley, where all the chavs in their clapped out BMW's, Suburu's and Zafiras park on the chevrons, the bus pull in, the set down only area, the double yellows outside the ATM's. If they've got new cars, then they straddle the white line, thus making it nigh on impossible for others to park in busy times of the day. 

That's consideration for you Fly.

Picked my 2 Daughters up from Manchester Airport late last night and was charged £4.50 for the privilege. WHY?  Is access to the Airport grounds not covered in the overall cost of the girls holiday charge. At one time you were allowed 30 free minutes to make a pick up, which I thought fair and appropriate.No longer,you are now obliged to use the official Car Park and are charged the £4.50 to get out. Up to a few months ago drop off was free. Again no longer. You are now channelled into a selection of drop off points and then forced into one lane at the end of which is a charge point, another £4.50. To add insult to injury the girls bought 2 pints of beer prior to boarding the plane and were charged £13. You couldn`t make it up. I could write at length about the Sign Posting at the Airport, which is adequate in day light and useless at night, a situation exacerbated by constant layout changes and impatient Taxi Drivers who sit on your tail. I hate the place!

• Upvote 1

East Midlands is much the same and when you get inside it's like a big supermarket When you're through that section and no longer a potential customer they treat you like cattle.

Manchester Airport is probably the worst in the country, other than Stanstead. I'll never use either again. 

Mandarin oranges that each have a sticker on that says "seedless" and when you eat them they are full of seeds. I had one segment today that had 4 seeds in. There was only one segment that did not have any seeds in. Seedless my ar$e!

GRRRRRRRR! Visitors who can't eat this and won't eat that - then you go to a lot of trouble to cook a feast of things they can/will eat.....they go out and then come back two hours after the time THEY set for it to be ready. THEN they start telling you how you should go about reheating it all  because you are doing it wrong! Lose my temper with them? I told them to keep their opinions to themselves in MY kitchen. I was angry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...