Things that pee you off...

That's a good point, DB. I have thought of this and they seem to occur after a cheek or lip bite injury but also when building up to more visitors.  I get quite stressed around groups of people.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Went for my usual mornnig bike ride and found that the stupid tw*t who dumps his takeaway boxes and Red Bull tins out of his car at the weekends has struck again but this time not just a single can and box.....there is a pile of Red Bull tins and empty fag packets all dumped in a passing place on one of the single track roads where I usually spot the cast out stuff. I've reported the tipping to "Dumb Dumpers" and it will be removed tomorrow but the point is that every Caithness household has recycle bins that take everything in the pile - so why go to the trouble of dumping in the countryside when you could tip it at home?! Some people should be eliminated! 

1080_2f8420aa-c40b-49dd-bc6f-709f9441dcb

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Update to the above: Had an email from the Highland Council thanking me for letting them know about the dumping. They will clean up the site within the next few days. I have written to the locl paper and includded a photo of the incident. I have also made it clear that the bill for the clean-up is to be borne by the council and that next time the council make cuts, he/she (The dunmper) will have done more than their share to cause those cuts.

• Upvote 1

Cheap and ill fitting toilet seats really bug me. Had a recent short break in a suite in a lovely hotel in Carmarthen. Everything you could wish for was there, but oh dear. It was really spoiled by a wonky cheap plastic seat. You'd be amazed at the stuff I bought on eBay, when the seat continually slipped to the right, and my finger pressed the wrong button !

Then a couple of days later, whilst travelling from there to Dorset, I stopped at a nice restaurant for a meal. I went to the loo before leaving, and lifted the lid. It wouldn't stay up, so I lifted the seat, and likewise, it kept dropping down. As a last resort, I  sat on the seat, with the lid pressing into my back. Most uncomfortable to say the least. 

Then while in the depths of Wilts / Dorset, I encountered those appalling tin bowls with little bits of rotting wood on the top. Hovering was the only answer !

Oh to be home with my nice plush one !

• Like 1

FLY, do you always order stuff from eBay while on the loo?  Or have I misunderstood your post?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tongue in cheek yet again Margie, but yes, occasionally I do !

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Tongue in cheek

An unfortunate turn of phrase given the subject don't you  think?   :Shock:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 6/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Compo said:

Update to the above: Had an email from the Highland Council thanking me for letting them know about the dumping. They will clean up the site within the next few days. I have written to the locl paper and includded a photo of the incident. I have also made it clear that the bill for the clean-up is to be borne by the council and that next time the council make cuts, he/she (The dunmper) will have done more than their share to cause those cuts.

Can never understand how these morons can carry the cans whilst full, but not whilst empty...

6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Cheap and ill fitting toilet seats really bug me. Had a recent short break in a suite in a lovely hotel in Carmarthen. Everything you could wish for was there, but oh dear. It was really spoiled by a wonky cheap plastic seat. You'd be amazed at the stuff I bought on eBay, when the seat continually slipped to the right, and my finger pressed the wrong button !

Then a couple of days later, whilst travelling from there to Dorset, I stopped at a nice restaurant for a meal. I went to the loo before leaving, and lifted the lid. It wouldn't stay up, so I lifted the seat, and likewise, it kept dropping down. As a last resort, I  sat on the seat, with the lid pressing into my back. Most uncomfortable to say the least. 

Then while in the depths of Wilts / Dorset, I encountered those appalling tin bowls with little bits of rotting wood on the top. Hovering was the only answer !

Oh to be home with my nice plush one !

For some reason your post reminded me of the great passage in Spike Milligan's  'Puckoon', in which he describes a palatial 'bog', featuring 'perfumed brooks', 'Fowling pieces and a view over the Grouse Moors', 'the upturned faces of enemies enamelled into the bowl', 'gold plated straining bars', etc..  Sadly I can't find the quote online, so I'll have to find my copy and transcribe it.. when I have time.. which won't be soon..  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Brew said:

An unfortunate turn of phrase given the subject don't you  think?   :Shock:

Nothing wrong with logging on..!

Especially at Christmas..! :victory:

My Grandson has been with his girlfriend for a couple of years, i used to think that as i had looked after my grandson from knee high to fully a fully grown human being we had a slight bond. Just seen on "facebook" that it was his girlfriends 21st and they had a party, now if i had known,  a card and pres'y would have being sent, but the thing that was upsetting was a "PARTY" and i did not get an invite to go.

Maybe an age thing, these youngster's don't was us oddie's at their Party's as we might show our selves up.

• Upvote 1

Maybe an age thing, these youngster's don't was us oddie's at their Party's as we might show our selves up.

It might be they didn't want Grandma seeing them making fools of themselves and earning your disapproval. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 6/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, FLY2 said:

Manchester Airport is probably the worst in the country, other than Stanstead. I'll never use either again. 

Ever flown from Durham Tees Valley airport? 

Awful. No public transport goes there, just taxis and its a way from Teeside too. 

You have to pay 6 pounds to go through security! I travel an awful lot and it is far worse than Manchester or Stansted. 

• Upvote 2

Mums birthday has come round again and as usual she wanted to go to Newcastle races to watch the Northumberland Plate, for for the first time in a number of years she picked the winner ....Who dares wins. This year we stayed in the hospitality marquee as outside was just to hot even with a big hat on, so her 102 birthday has been a lovely day who knows next year we may go somewhere different.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Gem said:

Mums birthday has come round again ........ so her 102 birthday has been a lovely day .

Did she spend her early years in Nottingham ?   She could probably tell us a few things.

Sorry CT she can't help you there, she was born in Gateshead and has lived here until recently when she moved to Staithes. Like most older people her long term memory is very good,  both her and my aunty have been a great help to me with their stories when I worked with dementia patients.

Beautiful part of the country, I spent over four years in North Yorks prior to migrating, worked at Boulby Mine almost opposite Staithes, lived in Skinningrove and later at Loftus.

• Like 1

I did my teacher training in north Yorkshire. Had friends up there for many years. One of my favourite places for lunch in later years was The Ellerby Inn. From the car park, you could look out over Boulby Potash Mine - a very dangerous place to work from all acounts.

Lovely area. I've always regarded it as my second home.

• Like 1

Well the namby pamby brigade have been active again ! The stretch of Mansfield Rd (A60) from the Oxclose Lane junction, to the start of Redhill is now reduced from 40 mph to 30 mph. There's just one warning sign outside Lidls of the new limit.  Blooming marvellous !  

It's been 40 for as long as I can remember, and I can't recall any serious incidents.

What next, we all follow a uniformed buffoon carrying a red flag ! Anyway, just beware folks. 

I used that road daily at one time. For most of the distance, due to the traffic, it was impossible to even reach 30. Officials do love putting up signs though. Derbyshire is almost 50 everywhere now. I got rid of my sports car last week. There’s virtually nowhere now that you can do 180 without getting caught! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You just wait, there'll be blooming cameras in the vicinity within the next few weeks. 

At least the road from the A614 to Oxton island has now reopened. It's been closed for weeks, causing drivers to take a signed diversion. However, I've always taken one of the other turn offs just north, and ignored the long winded diversion. 

I assumed that they were resurfacing the entire stretch of road in question, but I noticed yesterday, that it was only patched up. Typical !

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...