Things that pee you off...

If you think Virgin are bad try TalkTalk, before you do though I strongly recommend a course in Gujarati and gobbledegook.

All the providers are much of a muchness. I had problems with Virgin and eventually they sent a 'technician' who stunned my by admitting he's only been trained to tighten the connections and had no idea about routers or networks. He also carried a Mobile phone that displayed a WiFi download speed of almost 300Mbs. Challenged to get the same on my phone produced a wobbly 60Mbs.

When Virgin works I'm a happy bunny (Talktalk and Plusnet are both much slower - 7/8Mbs), but it does seem they are not the most reliable provider out there

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

I've spent a lot of time recently on utube, watching some of the best guitarists in the world. Bugger me ! You come to a superb guitar break, and the bleddy cameraman zooms to the drummer, singer, or even the flaming crowd ! Pathetic.

Coincidentally I was on to Virgin Media yesterday discussing our package, having seen ‘good deals’ advertised.   I was talking to India of course, a young man who couldn’t care less.  I gave him a sob story that as we’re both OAPs we can’t possibly continue to pay £132 per month for the Virgin service and that SKY offer the same for £86.   He told me  that the cheaper Virgin rates advertised are for new customers only but I could have a lesser package for less money.  He told me what I already know that we have the most expensive package but he wasn’t giving in to my story that we can’t continue with Virgin AND eat!!  

We had SKY for years, at previous homes and continued with them when we came to Nottingham but reception became so bad due to the enormous trees getting in the way of the signal that we decided to go with Virgin.   In the end, sensing that this little Indian fella was just shrugging his shoulders at everything I said I decided to discuss a lesser package.  We’ve now lost free phone calls except at weekends, we’ve gone from 200 Mbps to 100 Mbps for Internet and we’ve lost the Movie channels, but we’ve still got all the Sports channels which is quite important in this house!  No big deal, all this isn’t going to change our lives but we’ll be paying £103 a month, a saving of £30 pm.  

FAFA2-CCF-CC75-4-DCC-BFC0-39-A206-C5-B7-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It seems that loyal longstanding customers definitely get a raw deal.

We're just considering changing our home insurance deal with Tesco. It's doubled in price over two years !

What about letting the contract run out for a week or so and then start again as a  'new'customer..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

It seems that loyal longstanding customers definitely get a raw deal.

We're just considering changing our home insurance deal with Tesco. It's doubled in price over two years !

I've not renewed with the same company for house insurance for years - bugger'em

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Brew said:

What about letting the contract run out for a week or so and then start again as a  'new'customer..

I was considering doing that Brew but you have to give a month’s notice, so that’s 10th August, then we wouldn’t have any tv at all til we get them to come and re-connect it, no doubt charging us for engineer visit plus new boxes etc.  A lot of palaver that I can do without to be honest.  We have Freeview on the televisions but don’t know how that works, assume we’d need a TV aerial fitted, anyone able to tell me?  Anyway, I had a tiny result yesterday.  

I'm with BT, but I think you definitely need an ariel for Freeview. May be wrong. Not sure re the extra box, but I would expect you'd require one.

Thought about telling them i was deceased but then better not push my luck at my age anyone contemplating joining virgin I would think again or you will get caught in the same trap its worse than leaving scientology meeowed

HSR, look in the Artists You've Seen in Nottingham. Maybe that's the one you're looking for. The search facility is pretty crap to say the least.

On Wednesday, I ordered some drill bits from a place in Leicester. Had an email notifying me the things had been posted. Then an email from Royal Mail saying they'd received them. Thursday, an email and a text from Royal Mail, informing me that they're scheduled for delivery this morning between  8.12, and 10.12. Was up early, no parcel, then went out at 10.35. Returned at 2.40. No parcel, and no card.

Why in Gods name don't they stop wasting money on texts and emails, and employ some more staff. Grrrr !

Good job I'm not desperate for them.

Well someone has got money to splash out on nonsensical projects during this endless period of austerity.

Ok, it's great that England won the cricket World Cup, but some clown wants to paint all the letter boxes in Nottingham white !  Why ?

Then there's the Nottingham Pride Festival soon, and another bright spark wants parts of the road surface in Hockley and Carlton St resurfaced in the colours of the rainbow.   You couldn't make it up.

Living beside one of the busiest roads in Nottingham, I'm used to the traffic noise, but why oh why do drivers feel the need to hoot their horns unnecessarily. It's a crime for heavens sake, but some appear to hoot at every opportunity !  Mindless in the extreme !

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Ok, it's great that England won the cricket World Cup, but some clown wants to paint all the letter boxes in Nottingham white !  Why ?

It will only be ONE post box, near Trent Bridge, that will be painted white FLY.  There are going to be 15 throughout the country at all the World Cup venues.  So not so bad! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Then there's the Nottingham Pride Festival soon, and another bright spark wants parts of the road surface in Hockley and Carlton St resurfaced in the colours of the rainbow.   You couldn't make it up.

When the rainbow street looks tatty in about a month they may want to call in our lads to remove the paint like they do in Singapore every year.  The team go there, remove the road-markings, paint the F1 track markings and as soon as the race is over the track markings are blasted off and finally the original road-markings painted back on.   Job done duckie, nice job every year too 

D999-CED0-774-B-47-A0-B8-B8-7-F67477-B83

• Like 1

A nice little earner there Lizzie.

Thank goodness it's not the lot, as I'm certain it'd be a messy result being white.

The so called Search facility on here ! I was looking for the Travel Tunes topic, but it doesn't like either word. Not much else I can put in really !

What pees me off ??  Sentences that start with "So" and sentences and paragraphs that end in " LOL". What's the point? No bugger can see if your laffin..

So what's your problem with it B ? LOL

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...