Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I've got a black belt in origami!

My neighbour got a black eye for adultery...

• Like 2

Indescribably ridiculous to say the least !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

When people are going to work and struggle to pay bills and manage the household, and then you hear about footballer Gareth Bale earning one million pounds a week.

Why just for kicking a ball around??  Ok it's what they wanted to do but it's a real kick in the teeth to poverty. Do they contribute anything to charities or the poor?

Probably not .

Apparently he supports three charities and two 'causes' but without signing up you can't see any more detail.

• Like 1

Realistically, what can you actually do with £1m a week ?

You'd run out of cars to buy.  How many houses do you need - even if you had several in various countries ?  Clothing ?    Stupidly expensive watches ?

Saving for the future and your children ?.... there's a limit to how much you'd need to do there.

It's the kid-in-a-sweetshop syndrome. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I don't know why but I'm always suspicious of people who promote themselves as doing charitable works.  It was the main reason I disliked Jimmy Savile, long before his other heinous proclivities became public knowledge.

Buddhist philosophy says it is our intention that counts - not what we do but the reason why we do it. That is known only to ourselves, despite what we may tell others.

Do good and disappear. Don't wait around hoping for praise and public acclaim. Just my thoughts. Others will see things differently.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well said Jill. We cannot live forever, but we can do our best to leave something that can !

• Like 2

Well for a start I'd share my good fortune and put two tins of beans in the charity box at Lidl... 

• Like 1

I'm going to Lidl this afternoon what tins do you prefer or as its British Week how about some cheddar or stilton. Seriously I know some footballers do a lot of charity work but a lot of others just spend, spend and spend as if theres no tomorrow. Its true how can you spend so much money and live happily. It must be quite a headache to think what to buy next.

Have you noticed too that footballers always have extra extra attractive girlfriends. Good luck to them if they are serious but hangers on are no good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As you say nonna  many of these overpaid idiots seem to have an ability to get through enormous amounts of money and end up broke. I can think of several, especially boxers.

As for the WAGS I often think if that guy worked for the council collecting wheelie bins would she still find him as attractive...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I never give any money to charities. There are too many people dipping their fingers in the till along the way and the people at the top seem to get abnormally large salaries. My charitable contributions consist of doing things where I can see immediate results.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I never give any money to charities. There are too many people dipping their fingers in the till along the way and the people at the top seem to get abnormally large salaries. My charitable contributions consist of doing things where I can see immediate results.

Can I make an unapologetic appeal here as the subject has come up. The Salvation Army CEO, or equivalent rank, is paid just £15,500 a year, compare that to the top charity earner of almost a million. I'm not a member nor am I religious but I think they deserve all the support they can get. 

• Like 4

My mum would never support any other charity but The Salvation Army. But she did like odd charity shops.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's the crooks that get the publicity.  I despise the tv preachers offering health and prosperity while they live in mansions and run around in private jets.

I've met many a good guy living on next to nothing and driving a school bus for a bit of extra cash but he loves people and the ministry and stays with it..

• Like 3

RNLI, Cancer Research, Help for Heroes, and animal charities. That's it !

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...