Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Re.  medical studies.  Since I've been dealing with blood pressure issues, I've been digging into this a bit.  Used to be 120/80 was considered normal .  Now drs. here are saying that is borderline high and should be lower.  I read recently that drs. in Europe don't get concerned unless it get over 140/90.

I've reached a point where I don't know what to believe.  My doctor doesn't seem too bothered about it so neither am I.

Oztalgian, I do use refillable bottles taken from 11/2 litre bottles. It a real problem plastic bottles but the water they supply in these  big domestic tanks or even "alla spina" ( like beer taps) is awful and smells like it has come directly from where it shouldn't. The water we buy isn't expensive as it is in UK. The bottles are collected and dealt with sensibly not just thrown anywhere as in the sea and picnic areas. Of course theres the type of person who couldn't care less about the environment because they think it doesn't concern them , but their grandchildren ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Small bottled water definitely isn't expensive. I buy a large pack at a time, from Lidls, Tesco and the like. I reuse them whenever possible, such as when I walk my daughters dog, or out for a drive. I ALWAYS recycle too. I'm told I'm obsessive about it.

• Like 1

We were recently at The Open and they did not sell bottles of water, so didn't have the problem of disposing of them afterwards. Instead you could take in your own empty bottle or buy a metal flask for 4.50. There were water filling stations around the course with either just cold, or ice cold water on tap. You could take in backpacks, and your own food and drink if you wanted. Very accommodating.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watching Match of the Day. West Ham play in all claret, with a pale blue trim. Man City normally play in sky blue with with white shorts. So why the hell did they play in black ? So annoying !

Away kit Fly, modern day football, it's all about the money, che-ching cha-ching b-bling b-bling, ain't it crap youth, Dele Ali annoyed me, injured, in the stand, playing with his phone, put your foot though the telly you'll feel much better youth, breathe, breathe, breathe, deep breaths, you alright now kid :crazy: Liked Forest in all red, not that I would ever wear a football shirt, unless I was on the pitch, I'll leave that to the kids. Bed X 

• Upvote 1

I'm on my favourite rant again, packaging.

This time it is about cereal or any other boxes that have the stupid "to close insert tab opposite here" closures.

When I try to close a newly opened box of cereals immediately after use the contents settle, the box swells in the middle and there is no way you can get the tab to stay under or in the little slot or as often happens the little slot rips and then becomes no use at all.

As I get older I find my tolerance to all kinds of stupidity decreases.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

How " strange " I have the same annoying problem. Manufacturers take note. I sometimes take the cereal out and place in a vacuum container. Works better.

• Upvote 1

Lay the said box flat, then thump the lumpy middle bit ! 

I do that with plastic bottles, it makes a lovely scrunchy noise. Lay the bottle flat that is !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, I admit to doing that quite often, mainly because I’m worried that someone will go into the nearside lane and not realise I’m driving along it at a greater speed than them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As long as people indicate, then I'm quite willing to let them in, if I'm in the bus lane. It's twerps that don't indicate, and then proceed to cut me up that pees me off ! 

A shop yesterday in Worksop selling Christmas cards mid August !

It irks me to see energy drinks cans strewn across the land. If the culprits are now fully energised, then why can't they walk to a litter bin ?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

It irks me to see energy drinks cans strewn across the land. If the culprits are now fully energised, then why can't they walk to a litter bin ?

But they've probably had a couple of Macdonalds burgers with the drink so they cancel each other out!

Mmmmm, never thought of that WB. Don't get me going on the litter that McDonald's generates. That's my pet hate !

• Upvote 1

Had a drive up Derbyshire yesterday, and within five minutes, I'd been cut up twice, and had a buffoon brake and turn into a driveway without indicating.

I told Mrs Fly that I can tell who the idiots are, just by the cars they drive. Of course she scoffed, and said that I was talking twaddle !

Well I told her to look out for the following.....

Old Saabs and old Volvos, because the drivers still think that they're a cut above anyone else. They can't face the fact that their cars aren't the Bees Knees anymore.  Seats, currently favoured by boy racers. Old BMWs, wannabe drug dealers. Little cars of 1000 cc or less, old biddies, or young girls who have just passed their test. The worst by far is old Zafiras and Picassos. They're always filthy dirty, at least one wheel trim missing, windows down, and the driver vaping. Invariably snotty brats in the back, and occasionally a rabid dog.

We returned unscathed, and she never mentioned my thoughts again, as I pointed out every one of the above was correct !

Fly raised the issue of energy drinks cans strewn around. I have raised this issue with the local press. There is a driver who throws his/her Red Bull cans out of the car on a regular basis. I cycle around a single track road circuit of four miles each day (the roads form a square) and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I can guarantee at least one new RedBull can along one of the two parallel roads leading north on my circuit. some days it is multiple cans and also empty fag packets too. One saturday morning there were over a doen empty cans and several fag packets dumped in a 'passing place', so I took a photo and sent it to the local paper. They published teh image bu tit made no difference to the, as they are called "Dumb Dumper", who carried on as usual. Every household here in Caithness has a blue recycle bin that is emptied every two weeks; soo why can't the stupid bastard simply drop the cans in the bin instead of chucking them out into the countryside?! This same person probably complains bitterly when the council put up the tax to cover extra cleaning caused by such scumbag dumb dumpers too. 

• Upvote 1

Some folks never learn Compo. It's disgusting behaviour. It's EVERYONES responsibility to keep the place tidy.

Up Derbyshire yesterday, I saw an old dismantled shed, corrugated asbestos sheets, mattresses, two fridges, and numerous black bags of garden waste, and  that was in the space of a few miles !

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...