Things that pee you off...

6 hours ago, catfan said:

I noticed that well known war criminal Tony Blair hot a knighthood in the queen's new year's Honours list. Just shows how corrupt the political system is in this country.

Shameful.

Totally agree. This is a disgrace and I’m disappointed in HM her majesty for sanctioning this. How on earth is this man still at liberty let alone public life. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

You do appear to have the sort of credentials BK that those of us on this forum, who have already been honoured, are looking for. If you will send me your bank details I can pull some strings for you. My old ex director’s cousin married Lady Di’s cousin so I do have entree to the Royal Family. They did tell me that Sandringham smelt of dog pee though.

I'm not here to defend Blair's record on military intervention, but when the time comes for the inevitable honours, I'll be watching for similar condemnation of May, for her evil treatment of legally settled migrants, and of course Johnson, for his lying, thieving, corruption, cronyism, incompetence, attacks on the Democratic process and the Separation of Powers etc.

Knighthood for Beeka

1.When invading East Sussex  you should hve had army with you so   Failed.

2/  You did not pick the right profession not butchers boy but? you should have been an  Hovis boy  so Failed.

3/ Suspension Bridge  you did not dive of this at the right place. In the middle is best why? its only 3ft deep. (or was) Failed 

4/A TIN OPENER   FAILED     It should have been a Combine Harvester    

5/ Nottingham Spasticity  society For being on the Executive committee Well Done .

PASSED

ARISE SIR  BARRIE 

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning 

Good book 

but the film?  

People who do not live or come from our dear old City would not understand what the flim was about.

pps  ppps   Is Nottingham now being invaded by students?  co-or maybe we will get the ""Rag Week"" back

Mary1647,

I don't need a knighthood, who needs that when I'm a King. 

Remember, I also bought 'er indoors a new "non-stick frying pan.

PS, din't need an army for Sussex, not with these Southern Jessies. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, catfan said:

I noticed that well known war criminal Tony Blair hot a knighthood in the queen's new year's Honours list. Just shows how corrupt the political system is in this country.

Shameful.

Yes, the 'Liar of Baghdad' just won't go away. The so called honors ceremony shoul be abolished. Same with the so called 'royals'. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Knighthood for Beeka

1.When invading East Sussex  you should hve had army with you so   Failed.

2/  You did not pick the right profession not butchers boy but? you should have been an  Hovis boy  so Failed.

3/ Suspension Bridge  you did not dive of this at the right place. In the middle is best why? its only 3ft deep. (or was) Failed 

4/A TIN OPENER   FAILED     It should have been a Combine Harvester    

5/ Nottingham Spasticity  society For being on the Executive committee Well Done .

PASSED

ARISE SIR  BARRIE 

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning 

Good book 

but the film?  

People who do not live or come from our dear old City would not understand what the flim was about.

pps  ppps   Is Nottingham now being invaded by students?  co-or maybe we will get the ""Rag Week"" back

Rag week, I hope not.

12 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I'm not here to defend Blair's record on military intervention, but when the time comes for the inevitable honours, I'll be watching for similar condemnation of May, for her evil treatment of legally settled migrants, and of course Johnson, for his lying, thieving, corruption, cronyism, incompetence, attacks on the Democratic process and the Separation of Powers etc.

That sounds a lot like “yeah but no but, worrabaout”. 

You don't defend Blair, or the recent decision to honour him, but...

May and the immigrants, wrong though it was, are not even in the same league as someone who lied to parliament and sent good people to fight and die for no other reason than to pander to the US and emulate Thatcher.

It's still a work in progress, so we shall have to wait for history to tell us the extent of Johnson's wrongdoings-and there will be many.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Beekay said:

Mary1647,

I don't need a knighthood, who needs that when I'm a King. 

Remember, I also bought 'er indoors a new "non-stick frying pan.

PS, din't need an army for Sussex, not with these Southern Jessies. 

Sorry BK   I almost forgot you don't need a Halo as you say your King of the Road.

So members watch this space?

Dint say I were King of the road Mary, I wouldn't be so presumptuous. Mind you, I've done a fair few miles in me time. When I think about it, I've been a professional driver of sorts since 1964.

Only since I retired in November, 2008, have I managed to achieve fully paid up layabout. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Beekay said:

Thing is Lets, nobody will protest or object against it.

Not quite right BK, there is a petition against it with almost 300,000 signatures.

8 hours ago, Brew said:

That sounds a lot like “yeah but no but, worrabaout”. 

You don't defend Blair, or the recent decision to honour him, but...

Thing is Jim, they all end up with a  'gong' eventually.  Churchill got a bagful..and his utter balls up of Gallipoli and many other failures, foibles and indiosyncracies seem not to have got in the way of him being 'honoured'.

At the other end of the scale there was a bloke in St Helens when I was at the peak of my Career Advising career, who was on every bloody committee going.. Professional committee goer, busybody and self opinionated know nothing.  His contributions in every forum I shared with him were frankly embarrassing, including his habit of completing the obligatory cardboard name label in front of him with 'Tommy D******** o.b.e.' and yes, he always use lower case.

I do think that the 'Honours' system needs a dose of looking at and like everyone else here, I have my own views as to who deserves what.

For e.g., I have no problem with Jason and Laura Kenny being suitably honoured for their success in Olympic standard cycling. That sort of thing is politically neutral, inspiring and reflects years of dedicated hard work which has brought success and pride to the nation.

Compare the Kennys to that complete crook and arrogant arse 'Sir' Phillip Green, who seems to think he is above both the Law  and Parliamentary scrutiny.  That crook has made himself phenomenally wealthy by mostly walking all over others, stealing from his underpaid employees and attempting to use his wealth as a battering ram to save his own skin. He is as bad as, or worse than Blair.

• Like 1
On 12/31/2021 at 10:51 AM, Alpha said:

DJ360,

I would go a little further than passive community action with selective Sharia type punishment for thugs, drug dealers, burgulary, theft and knife crime. We would soon see the result in improved behaviour.

Having been and lived in Saudi Arabia, Singapore etc, one could always walk safely at night as everyone with any criminal tendancies knew what expect for any 'non-compliance' with respect for others and the and for the law.

It used to be, if caught on the Monday they were topped or chopped on Friday. No fussy court human rights cards played out, just mean justice.

Alpha.. you posted a 'Can of Worms', which is leading us into political discussion.   So,I will respond in the Politics thread... but not just now.  It's late.  Maybe tomorrow.

ianFinn, I hope you're reading this one as well...

Had our new washing delivered this morning and installed by two very nice blokes. They tested it then left, saying it was now ready to use. 2o minutes later, we had a bloody power cut !!  :angry:

• Like 2
On 1/3/2022 at 10:30 AM, DJ360 said:

I do think that the 'Honours' system needs a dose of looking at and like everyone else here

We have a similar system here too. Caused uproar when our then Prime Minister Tony Abbott awarded Prince Philip an Australian knighthood WTF.

Awards should only go to Joe Public who volunteer their time freely in support of a cause they believe in.

Certainly not public service mandarins, MP's, members of the armed forces etc. and any one else who got one for doing the job they were paid to do. They should never ever go to celebrities no matter how good their "charitable works" or how much they donated from their gazillions, they do not miss it no matter how much it is and anyway it is tax deductible.

• Like 2

Oztalgian, I'm no lover of the monarchy, in fact when I lived in Bathurst NSW, when the Queen visited sometime in the early 80's, I was asked if I was going down to see her when she drove along one of the main streets of the City. My comments came out and my mate said to me, keep your comments to yourself in Bathurst, people love her here and you're liable to get smacked in the face...So I kept my thoughts to myself, I was a "Republican" during my time in Oz, 100% in favour of pulling Oz out of the Commonwealth and having a President.

Anyway, I will give Phil his due, he did serve in the Royal Navy during WW2 on warships in the Atlantic and was under fire many times. Mind I detested him and his ilk!!!!

• Like 1

John. I used to wind my late mother-in-law & wife's late auntie up by saying "wait till you get queen Camilla" & they'd both go off into a rage saying they don't want her as queen as though they'd get a say in the matter, lol...  

Apart from jealousy and resenting the fact they are richer than most, what exactly are the objections to having a monarchy?

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...