Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

The BBC Nottingham web page $%#@*&#....  When you click on it it opens up and you can see the content, two seconds later the screen goes black and then it opens again showing content, two seconds later the screen goes blank again and a blue pop-up appears asking me if I want to subscribe. No I f***ing don't, how many times to I have to tell you. Get some intelligence behind your pathetic website and stop peeing me off.

I am close to junking this site from my favourites list as the content is almost next to useless. I can't remember the last time I looked at the BBC web page as it too is useless.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, don walker said:

ah, ah, there some of you go ,, you see your missing the point!It is a straight forward question!!!  oh yes I am a limmie.. Like I  say is it a minority  p.c brigade trying to control what we say and do and think   I.E the tale wagging the dog.. this is just a item of discussion

Don.

There are plenty of explanations on the internet if you look. I’ll give a couple but there are many that go into great detail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-53749800

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

3 hours ago, don walker said:

Like I  say is it a minority  p.c brigade trying to control what we say and do and think   I.E the tale wagging the dog.. this is just a item of discussion

I think you mean Paki and Limey, but to answer your question yes, it is a minority trying to impose what they consider an acceptable code of speech.  There is a deliberate effort to shift the meanings and connotations of words and replace them with innocuous and meaningless euphemisms. The problem is with the hard-of-thinking buying into and slavishly following such drivel.

They're trying to demonstrate just how clever they are and claim the moral high ground to support their own inflated ego.

• Like 4

Often think it is a pity the pc brigade haven't got something more important to gripe about than the way we have spoken for decades. They do more damage to their cause by pursuing the wrong agenda. No matter what they preach or do history cannot be changed.

• Like 1

Maybe a 'shoot and Miss' there Centaur...

As a child, I took alot of ridicule for having a large nose, it never bothered me. 

Years later, when exploring my family tree I realised that it was a family trate, 400 years my ancestors lived in roughly 7 square miles of East Bridgeford..

Much later I found Romans pillaged the Midlands, hence the feature. 

In my teenage years at college, girls sniggered at me, and also mocked my size 14 feet.

Even when I disrobed, on the the night of the loss of my virginity, I was still accused of having a massive conk..

• Like 1

Hi HSR,

I too have a large proboscis but have always thought of ample sized face furniture as an asset.

You have my respect and envy for your size 14 feet and if on the dark night of your "loss" you had carried a torch perhaps the point of interest would have changed.

Live long and prosper.

Hi Brew,

Yes you are correct. My wife suggested that a Jimmie was not a tangible item anyway, but rather an abridged colloquial term for a chain of opticians trading in Scotland.

Now situated to both the North and South of the border they ply their trade under the banner of C. U. Jimmie,  Opticians.

All the best.

• 1 month later...

Is it me or are ITV just determined to ensure that Ant and bleddy Dec are on TV every Saturday night of the year?

Yes I know I can turn them off or leave the room and often do but their domination of ITV annoys the hell out of me. 
They're touted as the modern equivalent of Morecambe and Wise and win TV awards every year but sorry to say I don't get it.

I expected at least one of them to turn up as a performer in the Masked Singer.

The audiences on ITV's Saturday Night Shows all seem to to be on something. I wish I could get as excited as them watching such dross.

Probably just my age (72 this summer) but I'd rather watch Black Adder or Paul Merton and Ian Hislop on HIGNFY. 
I used to enjoy Only Connect but since Victoria Coren Mitchell came out in support of Jimmy Carr after his Holocaust “joke” I'm reconsidering.
Is nothing sacrosanct these days?

What's next?

Let's all have a good laugh about famine and millions of starving children.

I think the problem is ignorance and the people who find the Holocaust funny don't really know what happened.

Before I sign off I must also add Jonathon Ross, Jo Brand and bleddy Adele to my most disliked list.

I hope the weather improves soon, perhaps I'll feel better when I can get out more.

• Like 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...
25 minutes ago, Mess said:

Let's all have a good laugh about famine and millions of starving children.

I think the problem is ignorance and the people who find the Holocaust funny don't really know what happened.

As  they say, those who do not learn the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Governments using taxpayer dollars to "host" sporting events really pi$$es me off!

Our SA government's "glorious leader" has refused to say how much money they gave to the controversial Saudi backed LIV Golf to have it hold its' first Australian event here in Adelaide. The government also ante'd up around $40 million to have all the AFL clubs play in Adelaide and surrounds over one week end. They also stumped up 18 million to run a car race around the city streets and a further 3 million to "buy back" infrastructure after he previous government rightly cancelled the event. They have just spent ten million redeveloping the tennis stadium near the CBD. The list goes on and on and today we hear that the Tasmanian state government (the only liberal government in Australia) is giving $375 million and the Federal government is chipping in $240 million to build a new AFL stadium in Hobart, The sport itself is finding a paltry $15 million.

If these sports want money then let them go to the market themselves to get it and not keep getting handouts from the public purse. A business case would soon work out if it represented value for money especially when we don't have enough hospital beds, ambulances and the staff to crew them, the health system is struggling and chronically underfunded. People cannot afford to go and see a doctor and many are having to choose between food or pay their bills. The unemployed are being asked to live on $50 per day amid rising costs of rent, power and food. I think you get the gist of my rant. Is it the same in the UK?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

So it appears that if you are wrongly convicted of a crime you did not commit you are liable to be charged what amounts to boarding costs. I have never heard such rubbish, if anyone should be charged it should be the ones who made the wrong decisions in the first place. After spending seventeen years behind bars unjustly I think the man in question deserves compensation, not a bill.

• Like 2

OZ   just read post 29th April 

I bet we don't know half what goes off. 

Woody I agree with you !!

When we moved to the coast Master had a bad fall while he was working we had to claim some money from DHSS.  When he retunerd back to wotk they sent him the bill, we had no choice but to pay it all back,  I was just thankfull that we did'nt have any young children. 

I myself think the only thing thai they did right was to abolish hanging. Some people rhought we should keep Hanging but what if you were that person standing by the rope waiting !!!!! and you are innocent?