Craig Strongman

Things that pee you off

21 minutes ago, plantfit said:

he knows who started the fire,

As someone has said, 'he has a good hunch about it'

• Like 1

This really P*sses me off. Taken from the Leicster mercury and also an article on the TV news. When will the Health and Safety police realise that Goerge Orwell's "1984" was meant to be a novel - not a flipping rule book! If any group could be said to be self-policing it's the WI. Anyone found baking substandard cakes or using dirty premises would be forced to undergo such humiliation that they would never dare bake a cake again!:

"....Women’s Institute members have been stopped from baking cakes for a Leicestershire hospice due to health and safety rules.

The Leicestershire and Rutland WI has been told by Loros [Hospice] that they cannot accept cakes from them unless members get environmental health approval for their kitchens.

The Leicester City Council food safety experts inspected the kitchen of the hospice in Groby Road on February 27 and told staff about the regulations.

This means that Loros can only accept cakes and pastries from people who have baked them in registered kitchens which have received a council food safety rating.

Glenice Wignall, vice chairwoman of the board of trustees of the Leicestershire and Rutland Women’s Institute, said: “It is all very sad....." She went on to say that in forty years of baking for the hospice, there had not been a single incidence of ill helath due to their baking. GRRR!

• Like 2

But rules are meant to be broken..Cake Sales for charity is a great idea..i do think we have lost the run of ourselves 

• Like 2

I remember a few years ago the company I worked for gave every employee a frozen turkey for christmas,enormous things they were,far too big for just the two of us so I called in at the local retired folks home to donate it for their christmas dinner, "No thanks " they told me "we don't accept donations of food,but if you want to give us the value of the turkey in pounds and pence we will take that", Gave it to the Sally army for the homeless,they accepted it willingly so thats where all my donations go to now,helping the homeless

Rog

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Compo said:

Women’s Institute members have been stopped from baking cakes for a Leicestershire hospice due to health and safety rules.

And quite right too Compo, we can't have a load of naked middle aged ladies wot lunch chucking raisins all over the place. Mixing batter after a large vino collapso and singing Jerusalem at top of their voices. My word no indeed sir I should jolly well hope not. They'll want to start sticking flowers in vases and where will it end after that I ask you...

• Like 1

Naked ladies in calendars do you think?

Rog

I think..... hang on phwooar... i just thunk again...  :ohmy:

• Like 1