We are having a real cold snap here in Victoria as well as Canberra & parts of New South Wales too. It snowed in Ballarat,Bendigo & lord knows where else? Magnificent start to our winter,in fact it's nearly the middle of our winter. The nights have already been getting lighter for a month now,which pleases me no end. I have had enough of cold extremities for one year. Looking forward to spring & bbq's again.

How's the weather this week in USA, UK & Canada? hellothere

post-34-1184755592_thumb.jpg

We had a great week here in Michigan - but yesterday and today (so far) are overcast and we had a little, much needed, rain yesterday. Looks like it will be like this through Friday then a gorgeous weekend. We will be taking the MG on a club "Wine Tour" of southern Ontario on Sunday - and good weather is always a blessing in a car that leaks like a sieve with the top up!

Just the usual, hot and humid Caz.

I do predict though, that this will be a very cold snowy northern hemisphere winter this year.

Just been watching Sky UK news. Boy are you having some weather over there? Are you all safe & sound? If I don't receive a reply I'll pretty much know the answer myself.

Still freezing here. At one of the local mountains [Hotham] it was minus 7 yesterday,in fact it was colder there than our base station in Antarctica! that's bloody cold,so I must assume that the world has finally gotten back to what we can consider is "the norm" with respect to weather conditions.So get ready for your 2 weeks of good weather in July/Aug folks cuz thats about all you will be getting this year iknow

Cheers and you ?not too cold? ( I have just cracked open a bottle of Martell that i had for my birthday and I would like all to k. n o/ . w i/.,,s not......... aff..ff.ffec..cccted ..me at .aalll Hic Hic)

;)

Mmmmm Martell brandy that would warm me cockles,just have to make do with tea today. Are you having your'e own private party then?

Yeah fine but my toes are cold,I never wear socks you see unless I am wearing my boots,hate to be over dressed :crazy:

Sorry Caz...you don't know what cowd is until you've had a long cowd

winter in Ontario.

With the wind chill it gets down to at least minus 35 to 45 degrees!

Now that's cowd..minus 7 is a heatwave me duck

I keep hearing about all the rain in the UK..it sounds like it has done nothing but rain for at least 2 weeks..with flooding in many parts.

We are having the coolest summer I've ever known..it is cool enough to sleep at night without the air conditioner on.

We could do with some rain..all the farmers are moaning and rightly so.

OMG I'll shut up then duck minus 45 !! Gordon Bennett,that's not cold it's painful.

I was going to show you a pic I took at the mountain Friday ,but I can't now i'm embaressed no1

Beefsteak..I reckon it's early Sunday morning for you and Caz..I reckon it's almost your Sunday lunchtime.

Here it's still Saturday night...

I wonder if I'm right.

Yep right here Anne 12.51 pm. Beautiful cold sunday lunchtime. Off out to have a strong latte' in a minute,& to have a squiz at the snow bunnies B)

Yes party for one (Down loading tracks to my p.c. (the book is the Guinness Book of hit singles))

cognac.jpg

GBoHS A good Idea To use it for Ideas.

Did you see my link under soul to Dangradio?

Some brill compilation downloads, about 65mb

• 8 years later...

Was freezing rain yesterday, everything was coated in ice, back to normal average temps from today, supposed to be in the mid 50'sF this afternoon.

• 3 months later...

Going back to the 60s I can remember ice skating on Highfields boating lake at Nottingham University. I don't think it's ever froze over since.

• 1 month later...

Im a 1947 baby too dad said it was so bledy cold you had to keep warm somehow !!!! My eldest son lived and worked in USA for 4 years the first year being spent in Chicago,we visited just as winter was losing its grip but boy I have never known cold like it,one day the weather man said it would snow at 11 o'clock and it did,it was St Patricks day while we were there and they dyed the river green !

Get's so cold here some winters, that when I go to feed the chickens, my face hurts from the northerly wind. We've had single digits F many times in mid winter, I recall one Christmas day, it was hovering around 30F and dropped twenty degrees in less than an hour, and I'm many many miles south of Chicago.