Can anyone tell me what I Need to do ? I have down loaded a video and it automaticaly tries to play on my Windows Media player, I have volume but no picture, I tried to play it through Nero and that wouldn't play it at all saying that I needed a 'vid:xvid' decompressor .Now I have been searching for ages through yahoo and google search engines but every time I find a link to it ,it is just some one else looking for it and they have no answers to their search either. I have deleted Nero again (I still have a back up copy) as it was trying to make itself my default player tried again through windows and still no joy

Any ideas you computer wizz kids out there??? please help

thankyou Ian

It says

Name, Pirates of the carribean at worlds end. Size 702.1 mb . Type avi . path c:\Documents and settings

Thats it

Well I down loaded it ,Followed all instructions (yours and theirs) and I can't play anything at all even my own dvd's (Apart from cd's and MP3 stuff and all audio radio etc) It seems I lost my visuals some how .Oh well thanks any way I shall get on to Dell tommorow (I still have Warranty)

;)

Well I got on to Dell for help and spent an hour on the phone to some bloke in India, Downloaded 4 dvd decoders loads of decoding tools etc and I finally got the DVD player to work, and the plus side I could even open the video I had downloaded off of the internet .On the down side even though the title on my screen says 'PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN AT THE WORLDS END' the video is some American stand up comedians show called the blue collar show (or something similar). Just glad I hadn.t paid for anything or else my fist would have gone through the monitor screen

madashell

But thanks for all your help, it was greatfully received

B)

Jeff Foxworthy. Larry The Cable Guy etc?? Watch it and pee your pants Ian, they are the driest set of comedians you'll ever watch!! They have me in tears! Jeff is a DJ with an Atlantic City radio station. They get $1 million dollars a performance when on the road! They show to packed houses plus the shows are recorded and sold, hence the fees!

Larry was born and raised on a farm in the Dakotas, but puts on one the of the best Arkansas accents I've ever heard!