Can anyone tell me if it's safe to downlaod software to make my PC behave & look like Vista without actually buying the real thing? I was really close to doing it but I thought you techie guys might have some horror stories?

Begs the question, is it safe to Run Windoze Vista.

Can you imagine how fast these boxes would be if we were still running DOS?

Now am gerrin all sentimental over software :(

Xtreegold-3.0.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTree

http://www.xtreefanpage.org/

Well you won't get me sentimental over DOS, I worked with DOS for years and I for one was glad when Windows came onto the scene. All those caommands we had to remember!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm having nightmares thinking about them.

So what do you think,should I or shouldn't I??

Give us a link to what yer downloadin?

Whatever you do creat a restore point!

Is there one to make Vista look like Windoze 3.1 for John?

• 1 year later...

I'm running Xp pro and downloaded something called sidebarb which adds a side panel with a clock and has a bit of a vista feel. Seemed okay but I dont like vista. Its not a patch on XP so what the hell. I took it off. Did no harm though that I can tell and if it floats your boat fine. All these bells and whistles will slow it down though.

Personally I'm waiting for the next version of Windows.

Since Windows 3, I have dashed out & bought the latest OS as soon as it comes out,,,,, but not with Vista.

MS are rushing the next Windows along - for the likes of people like me,,,, & obviously hundreds of thousand around the world.

Vista look'a'like ?!?!

I actually quite like Vista, in my opinion it performs better than XP especially if it's on an up to date machine in terms of components. Never had a problem or crash wit it.