No it's not Robert Dougall,not sure who it is but it's definately not him BF.

Well done Caz.... B)

Nice gesture if you share some of your £500 prize money with Admin....cheque in the post...

Cheers

Robt P.

"...Ivor Emmanuel had a moment of fame as the Welsh soldier who, in the film Zulu (1963), rallies a handful of men of the South Wales Borderers in their valiant stand against the four thousand warriors of Chief Cetewayo at Rorke's Drift in 1879. As Private Owen, he inspires the company with a spirited rendering of "Men of Harlech", the regimental marching tune.

As the Zulu Impis advance wave upon wave, rattling their assegais against their shields and chanting their blood-curdling war cries, he turns to Stanley Baker with the nonchalant comment, "They've got a very good bass section, mind, but no top tenor, that's for sure," then bursts into song, the English words of which he had written specially for the Paramount film.

The film, based on a story by John Prebble, cost Paramount about $1.5m and had its world premiere in Johannesburg during the years of apartheid. Emmanuel was among those who were appalled to learn that the Zulus who had taken part in the film were banned from seeing it, the Publications Control Board having deemed it "unfit for black African consumption".

In Wales, the heroism of the South Wales Borderers at Rorke's Drift (after which 11 VCs were awarded) has become something of a legend, punctured only by the irreverence of the comedian Max Boyce, who retells the story by making one of the soldiers say to Emmanuel, as the Zulu fighters relentlessly resume their attack, "For God's sake, Ivor, sing them something they can join in!"

Cheers

Robt P.

Lol just in case we missed it the first time hey Rob?

It was a great Film.

The bit I remember most, was the Train Like sound coming over the mountain.

The Zulu Horde banging their shields in time.

Guaranteed to scare the $h1t out of the waitng enemy.

Get rid of the pig Den it's bloody evil imsorry

I'll second that!

That's 2 then Den,anybody else want to eradicate the swine?

Christ on a bike, you lot hang around with some ugly people.

Christ on a bike, ...

Where the 'eck did you come up with that one? I nearly had coffee down my nose!

I gotta remember it - Americans think I'm nuts when I come up with these strange sayings - and I like to keep 'em guessing!

Ha Ha i'm not sure Limey,glad you like it. Another good one is "the things you see when you aint got a gun" my old mum used to say that when we were kids B)

Are we not in the wrong forum now boys and girls

;)

(As an afterthought an old expression used in the same way as' Gordon Bennett' 'Christ on a bike 'Jesus wept' etc ,was, 'f**king spiders,' and I ain't got a clue where that came from)

Ayup Rob,

Just as a point of interest, Lt Gonville Bromhead, junior officer at Rorkes Drift was bought up in the next village to me at Thulrby hall, his family home, although born in France and eventually died in India, there is a stained glass window in Thurlby church to the memory of him, sorry to be a bore but if you're proud of British achievements why not boast about them.

Cheers

Rog