Well done NBL, I've been pondering about with Postimage on and off all day. I need a computer literate bod to come round and help me! 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

#121.

I thought I recognised the place, we were there in March, !

P1040737_zpsg67qmdqy.jpg

I asked the driver what happens if another coach comes through, what will happen ? Just then another coach appeared !

P1040724_zpsjgjz5muf.jpg

I was reading an item about Postimage concerning viruses.  Made me a bit nervous.  Do you just log in from the web like PB or do you have to download some kind of program first? 

Here is how you post an image using Postimage. Are you paying attention Lizzie?

First, like Photobucket, you have to open an account.

Step 1: Google (or whichever you use) type in Postimage

Step 2: Click on: Postimage.org - free image hosting (not sub-list underneath)

Step 3: Sign in (top right corner)

Step 4: Type in: Your email address (it tells you that your password will be sent to your email inbox)

Check your email inbox - the password will arrive there straight away. Write down the password noting closely the upper and lower case letters and numbers.

You now have an account. To post an image:

Take steps 1 and 2 above then:

Click on: Choose image

Find: the stored image you want to post in your relevant file

Click on: the selected image

Click on: open (a progress line moving to the right you will show it uploading)

A list will appear. Click on: the little icon at the end of the line that says Hotlink to Forum

A small blue box will appears saying copied

Come out of Postimage (X in top right corner)

You now post your saved image into the text box just as you did with Photoucket. ie, right click in text box and then click on paste

JOB DONE

Note: If somewhere in the above procedure you get a message giving you the choice to Allow Access or not, then choose Allow access

As with Photobucket I never sign out after posting, and when I go into Postimage it takes me straight in.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much Chulla. I am another one who struggles to get the hang of changes. I would probably end up not bothering to add pictures anymore if it was left to me to learn. Your instructions look easy to follow, I will give it a go later.

Do you know if Postimage automatically adds the pics at the right size, only I always resized on PB to width 700?

One important point, always change their generated password to something of your choice, something that you will easily remember like your first pet's name etc. Also most importantly make sure you UNTICK the box to delete your photo's after six months.

There are plenty of YouTube tutorials to show how to set up your account !

• Upvote 1

#146 carni. The images I have posted came through at the right size. I used to reduce PB images to 800, and then found that it didn't matter.

Above the 'choose image' box are 'Do not resize my images', and 'No expiration'. These are the defaults and I left them alone, so I expect that my images will be retained. I didn't see anything about their removal after six months.

Let's see some attempts posted in this thread.

From what I'm led to believe Chulla some hosting sites & PI included will automatically be deleted after six months if the expiration box isn't ticked etc.

P1050982.jpg

P1060109.jpg

Both courtesy of PI  !

Well done Carni, would you come round and give me instruction now?  Actually I'll have a go following Chulla's instructions, just need a bit of time.

• Upvote 1

Woohooo, It was Chullas instructions that we followed. 'Thankyou Chulla' I have yet to manage it on my own, but I'm sure it will happen, eeeeeventually! IThink:biggrin:

I'm just about to try putting up a picture from postimage using the laptop, as when I'm using the iPad, I have to click a different copy box

Will it work......

IMG_2716.jpg

• Upvote 5

Yes, it obviously worked using the 'hot link to forum'    Who agrees with the sentiments on the poster?

I realise now that any pictures that I have added on NS over the years have been removed by PB. 'The Rotten Rotters'. I have transferred  any personal ones on to a memory stick.  Can anyone advise me what to do with the images that are still in my Library on PB, I don't want them personally, so do I just delete them all and close the account down?

Simply carni, follow these simple instructions !

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724214-How-do-I-delete-images-videos-albums-

To delete account, again very simple.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724654-How-do-I-Delete-my-Account-

Just deleting your account will get rid of your images too, if you are closing your account on PB then just delete the account !

• Upvote 1

Just out of interest, Is there any point in keeping an account with PB, and if it's not too personal a question 'are any of our members staying with them'?. I will probably just delete the account.Thank you catfan, 

• Upvote 1

I downloaded all my (many) images from PB & then closed my account, telling them to shove PB on my way out.

PB have done a dirty rotten trick, no better than blackmail.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

I'm just about to try putting up a picture from postimage using the laptop, as when I'm using the iPad, I have to click a different copy box

Will it work......

IMG_2716.jpg

Lovely picture Margie.......love to know his thoughts......happy memories ?......reflective regrets ?.......was he happy or sad ?.....i can go both ways depending on the mood of the moment......life often ravages the body.....and even sometimes the mind........bit like Nostalga....you can have to much of anything.....i'm always seeking something new......harder to find as you get older...........sorry for waxing again......

• Upvote 2