If anyone is using flickr , think I have at last fathomed out how to embed a single image from photostream since they "improved" the site !

Click the underlined , down-arrow from bottom right of your selected image.....circled below .

14460783218_ae2bdfc948.jpg

From pop-up , click on "View all sizes"

Click on desired size and then right click on image.

From pop-up , select "Copy image URL"

Go to reply box on Nostalgia and click on the square box that looks like a TV screen.

In pop-up box right click and click on "paste" . The link from flickr should appear and it must end with .jpg

Press "OK" and your image should appear in message .

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot find a way to post an image, despite following instructions. I call up Photobucket, click on library, click on view images, click on the image I want to send, then click on IMG (in right-hand column). The http identity next to it turns yellow and says 'copied'. I then go the test page Reply window, click on it, then right click and click on 'paste' Nothing happens. The file size is 33MB.

katyjay says that when she opens her library in Photobucket it has the IMG under each picture - mine doesn't. Also, she says that when she clicks the IMG it turns blue (like me at the moment!)

Where am I going wrong?

Be like me 'chulla' sod it off,its all too complicated, things i can't do frustrate the hell out of me,so i save the stress and don't even go there, but you perhaps have more patience , if so good luck mate.... :)

I call up Photobucket, click on library, click on view images, click on the image I want to send, then click on IMG (in right-hand column). The http identity next to it turns yellow and says 'copied'. I then go the test page Reply window, click on it, then right click and click on 'paste' Nothing happens.

I've just followed what you've said, and it works for me! When you right click on "Paste" you should see the the http identity appear in the Reply box. (You won't actually see the image at that stage, just the line of text).

Thanks Cliff Ton, obviously I am on the right track but when do I see the image? Do I see it before posting? Incidentally, my image is 33kb not mb.

Let's see if this works!

Nope. it dint

And again

Nope. Am I losing the saved image when I come out of Photobucket? Expliquer simplement, s'il vous plait!

mgread, no not if you do it yourself, you'll need a good quality photo scanner, photo editing software, I recommend Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X, not expensive, but user friendly and very versatile.

Then you'll need a fair amount of time, repairing a photo can be tedious, but rewarding when you have done.

I don't know what to say, Chulla, I can't think why it's not working. You can always send me the pic and I'll post it for you.

Chulla, left click on the img code on your Photobucket photo, and just paste it on your post.

Like this...

DSC_0043AnotherButterflyonaThistleCroppe

Or this winter scene, left clicked on the img code, and pasted it right here..

btw, this is not snow, it's all ice from an ice storm we had, worst one on record, brought several states to a total standstill for over a week, no power for a week, we were lucky, some hadn't power for six weeks!!! That's how much damage it caused.

jan2009icestorm03.jpg

Our power lines sagging under the weight of ice, how our poles didn't snap I have no idea, the lines were sagging almost three feet lower with the ice build up.

Jan2009icestorm06.jpg

• Upvote 1

Here we go again.

I left-clicked the IMG code and then had to come out of Photobucket to get back into Nottstalgia - which I had left open. After clicking 'paste' I get a message that there is no image. It seems to me that coming out of Photobucket deleted the saved image. It is in this area where I am going wrong - I think. I have also put something in the message window on the Photobucket page and clicked on 'post' below it before coming out.

No, it's not deleting it, but cannot come up with an answer, I had the sam message when I tried to C&P your photo here.

Strange why Photobucket works OK to put my avatar picture in the right place, but will not insert a picture in the Reply box. I have had both pages on the screen at the same time - Nottstalgia and Photobucket. This way I did not come out of Photobucket, but the result was the same when I clicked Post - a message appears saying that 'Your post is empty'.

By now I would have expected the schaudenfreude (sp)-minded members to have clicked the Like This tab!!

Cliff Ton says that when I click on 'Paste' I should see the http identity appear [http://s1276.photobucket.cc]. It doesn't. Is this tell us something?

The test-picture I am using is the my Avatar image, which, of course has already transferred correctly. Another jpeg image did not work either.

When you look at the image in your Photobucket Library you should be seeing something like this, with four boxes down the right side. You click on the "IMG" line.

example.jpg

Having clicked on that line, I go to the Nottstalgia page and right-click in the reply box. I then get something like this.

example4.jpg

There's no image visible, but the second line is the text copied from the Photobucket yellow box.

When I click "Post" in the lower right corner, the image will appear in the post.

Which of those stages isn't happening for you?

When I first joined Nottstalgia I also had the problem of adding a photo to a topic. It was so frustrating and really drove me nuts. I asked for help from the Nottstalgians but It still wouldn't work. I wondered why everybody else could do it but me. I wrote down all the instructions that I'd been given and tried and tried to get my photo on. Then, there it was, my photo on Nottstalgia. I felt so elated but wondered why I hadn't been able to do it before. Obviously, I'd not been following the instructions correctly. I put a couple more photos on, using Photobucket, and, realised how simple it was. It's like everything else, it's easy when you know how. Nottstalgia has many new members and I'd advise them that, if they have a problem with anything, to get the help and advice from the other Nottstalgians who will spend as much time and effort as it takes to help them.