Mike. I have no browser extensions - Ad-block or the like. By laptop browser is Google Chrome; my desktop is Windows 7 Home Premium. How do I clear internet cache (if that is separate to item 2?)   Your #214 of minutes ago has gone the same way. On the PC I can just see a P1060278.jpeg number. On the laptop there is nothing.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

Tode yer! There's more to Ben than just being a magnet for the ladies, yer know! In fact, because he's so secretive about his identity, we don't really know who he is. He could be Alan Turing.

Well, in view of being a whizz with the ladies, maybe not! :wacko:

• Upvote 2

You right jill,def.not alan turing,whoever he is, thought I'd let you all know,flying the flag for nottingham dress. Down here on the costas,

Nice hotel,but they still let diners for evening meal dress as they like,despite a notice saying no shorts,its very hot so i have not worn tie all holday,but i have made more effort tgan anyone else, ie long trousers,nice white crisp shirt and fav,guccies that fly liked,while all around me are flp flops sandals,manky feet and t shirts, think they think I'm either the manager or the magician thats on later,,,,,love it,,,,lol

• Upvote 4

I am fed up with Postimage already. After really struggling to get the images back on my laptop and my PC, they have disappeared again, as have other members' pictures. I have cleared both computer's temporary files - thousand of them on the PC, and it has not made the slightest difference. I am going back to Photobucket, so long as it behaves itself. Below is a Postimage posting, and below that a Photobucket one. Will be interesting to see if the Postimage one disappears. These posted on my PC, not laptop.

Looking at the Postimage Problems site, I see that it has been giving 'disappearing' problems for a few years. Again, some people were having no problems while others had nothing but. It might be the operating systems, but the fact that the images went on OK to start with tells me that we cannot trust it.

I have interrogated the settings and anything else I could find, but cannot see anything out of place.

Edit: See, the Postimage image hasn't come through.

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1443_zpsx2bsgc7w.jpg

Both images fine for me, the problem is at your end !

I had a similar problem & applying the %temp% file search & clearing all the system detritus restored everything how it should be & been perfect ever since !!

Well I keep reading about Postimage and doing nothing about it because I am happy to continue using Tinypic. Tinypic is owned by Photobucket so I have signed up with Postimage just in case they do the dirty with that as well. Here is a first attempt using Postimage. Wollaton Park Autokarna 2009.

Dsc00300.jpg

If anyone is interested the car is a 1937 Rover 16 Sports Saloon. Then owned by Bernard Gee of Derby. In 1989 Bernard and myself in this (his) car together with other members of the Rover Sports Register, did a 10 day tour of France ending at Le Mans. Bernard asked me to go with him because his wife wouldn't travel anywhere by sea of air. Bernard died 5 or 6 years ago and his son stripped the car of its registration, kept the reg for himself and sold the car. I know not where it is now.

I am planning a trip to Northern France in this next year:

Dsc00605.jpg

• Upvote 2

#227 Malcolm, I'm not sure what anyone else can see, but when I look at your post, I cannot see any pictures. I only see two separate links. When I click on either one, there is just an empty outline of a square, with a little blue square in the top left corner ? Is it just me?

Switched on NS a few minutes ago and saw Malcolm's two car images. Came out of NS, and when I returned a few minutes later the images had disappeared, replace by the links.-- just as carni sees. Enigma's chip butty image is OK - ie, it stayed.

It has to be a problem with some of the operating systems. But why should they be intermittent? All of my old Photobucket images are still there.Whatever is affecting my Postimage programme is affecting both my Windows and Chrome.

As I said earlier, I have cleared all my temp files. I had never done this before and I got rid of 12,250 of them from my Windows PC.

• Upvote 1

I have just discovered the same problem with #55 Jills post on the Hyson Green thread as well, not sure if there are any more.

Edited to add, The chip butty image stayed for me as well.

• Upvote 1

It cannot be anyones computer. the pictures are hosted by Postimage, they are not on this forum. the problem must be with Postimage

Here are two similar pictures (without the story) that I have just placed here using Tinypic. Can everyone see these?

2v3ijwh.jpg

161hjk8.jpg

• Upvote 1