• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

I use 'direct link ' when I use my iPad, but don't know if that's the right one to use.  It works anyway!

Great pic.Katy..............gotta say you looking good......how can you be related to Chulla................lol

• Like 4
On 26/11/2017 at 8:15 PM, loppylugs said:

Dave_and_Janet_1964.jpg

Well I think it worked from my phone.  Picture of days when I was more tech savvy.

Another lovely pic.........love the suit Loppy........Dapper geezer wer'nt you..........Mrs looks beautiful.........

• Like 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Great pic.Katy..............gotta say you looking good......how can you be related to Chulla................lol

Runs in the family, Ben; runs in the family.

• Like 3

I do suffer from CRS, [Can't Remember S**t] so copied and pasted the instructions into my email then printed them. That way they were on hand to follow easily. 

• 1 year later...

Nope, you cannot directly load photos to this site, photos are "embedded" from a 3rd party site like Photobucket etc, you then use the URL of the photo itself and paste here.

• Upvote 1

I posted this in another topic ages ago. Might help ...

“On Postimage you need to register for a free account. Then you click on the little cloud icon with the arrow to upload and browse your photos to find the one you want to upload. Postimage only has access to those photos you upload - not your entire collection.

Once uploaded, click on the photo and then on the share icon. Out of the list of gobbledegook that comes up, click on the little icon that looks like a folder at the end of the “Hotlinks for forum...” line. This copies the “address” of your photo.

In Nottstalgia, type out you comment/reply in the normal way, then press CTRL and V to paste the address into your reply. If your using an ipad, just press and hold where you want the photo to appear until the little menu bar comes up, then select paste.

When you post your reply the photo should appear.

Sounds complicated, but it’s not really. If you have trouble, I’ll post a step-by-step instruction list. Hope it works okay,”

• Upvote 1

Thanks @AfferGorritt 

Never been able to post pics until I followed your instructions.

I presume you're using a Mac? Your advice wouldn't quite work for Windows users.

Anyone interested in my test pic? It's the last ever people to drink in the White Lion, Ilkeston, I'm in the middle. Long story cut short, but it had closed down a couple of years before for the new bypass, we broke in & had a bit of a party (taken about 1 in the morning). 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, alan s said:

It's the last ever people to drink in the White Lion

Must be an issue with "White Lions", the one in Blidworth has closed and is now a private residence, the car park that was at the side of the pub is now two houses.

I’ve flown into Old Warden many times plus lots of visits by road. You always used to get a strict briefing from air traffic before departure about ‘no showing off’. I used to keep the aircraft on the runway for as long as possible and haul it off at the last minute before we went through the hedge! I live to tell the tale.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve flown into Old Warden many times plus lots of visits by road. You always used to get a strict briefing from air traffic before departure about ‘no showing off’. I used to keep the aircraft on the runway for as long as possible and haul it off at the last minute before we went through the hedge! I live to tell the tale.

As I recollect the main runway at Old Warden, 04/22, was relatively short and was grass (not paved) which required a longer takeoff run. Although it was easy enough to fly into the takeoff required planning. I remember going in with a Cherokee, PA28 with a full load of 4 adults but only half tanks. To ensure we got out safely we taxied to the end of the runway, turned round and then we all got out to push the aircraft as far back as possible. The tail was almost in the hedge! We climbed back in, held it on the brakes at maximum revs and then shot forward giving it two stages of flaps as we got moving. We got out, no problem, but better to be safe. It's an easy trip back to Nottingham, just follow the A1 and turn left at Grantham. No map reading required!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Willow wilson said:

Phil, an interesting read is 'Sigh For A Merlin' by Alex Henshaw, chief test pilot at Castle Bromwich during WW2. Maybe you've read it. He pulls some similar stunts sitting behind a RR Merlin.

I have read it. I believe Castle Bromwich was, or became the Standard car factory. I went round there once when they used to build Massey Ferguson tractors.

I think the Castle Bromwich aircraft factory became the Fisher Ludlow car body manufacturing plant that shipped car bodies to many manufacturers that later became BMC, Standard was one such manufacturer. Fisher and Ludlow merged with the Pressed Steel Company to for Pressed Steel Fisher. The Plant in Castle Bromwich is now part of the Jaguar manufacturing plant. A site with a long and illustrious history having built around half of the Spitfires produced in WW2. Lancaster bombers too right up to todays Jaguars.

• Like 1