Please post a test message, attaching an image under 50k.

Using the browse button under the message.

I have changed the board settting to allow attached images.

Only Linked images will be allowed in future.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

Actually

You can get some reasonable sized images at 48k with photoshop.

Unfortunately the hundreds of images uploaded here are causing us problems.

Backups are a nightmare!

Many of the images are just adornmemts to the post, not images of Nottingham.

So the only images that will be allowed soon will be remote hosting.

Such as the FREE http://www.Photobucket.com, linked with the IMG button.

Also with that you dont get the 'attached image' tag

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure how you are posting your images, but I copied your photo of Gedling Church onto my desktop. Then saved it in Photobucket, and then linked it back here....

kjkjkj.jpg

Quite a bit bigger than the one you posted. ......... And I didn't enlarge it or make any adjustment.

hi Clifton

ivve tried this with another photo but all that happened is it copied just a link to my photobucket library

sorry im begiinning to become a nuisance I will just have to keep trying til i get it right

Thanks fch782c

Fch .....are you pasting the link into the image box that drops down in the reply box ?

From memory (I'm on a tablet at mo that doesnt show the tool box) its on the bottom row of icons , looks like a TV screen .

thanks davidw

I'm usng my tablet too is that the reason I am having problems it just ive lent tthe laptop to my lad for his college work.

i will give it a try again when it comes back hopefully some time next week

Thanks

fch782c

fch782c, if you go to 'Questions about use of Forums' then to 'how to upload a photo' #9, I put step by step instructions regarding Photobucket. What I didn't put on there was photo sizing. When you open 'upload options' you'll see the box that states 'Drag 'n Drop photos & videos here'. In the top right hand corner of the box you will see a small symbol that looks like a wheel. Click on this and you will see the size options for your photos. I hope that this is of some help to you.

• 1 month later...

Testing image upload from p/bukt - no joy yet!

Reduced image size in Photobucket.

Clicked the wheel symbol (top right on pic to be linked).

Clicked IMG info (got message "copied").

Back to Nottstalgia.

Clicked ""Paste" icon - nothing!

Repeated exercise, right clicked mouse once back at N/gia, clicked "paste" - nothing.

Please give detailed, straightforward instructions, this is reducing value of my posts.

How are others doing it - there seem to be photos embedded in message text, links to external sites, and thumbnails on others.

So despite reading "How to" in the Forum Index & deciding to open a Photobucket account I still can't get it right. HELP!!

• 3 months later...

partridgeeggs_zps4d208209.jpg

Nest of partridge eggs found in garden

It worked...thanks everyone for your help. This is from my laptop. Wonder if the desktop will work too.

• Upvote 2

I would love to bore you all with some of my old photos,but dont worry i"ll never get my head round how to do it. :)

Nest of partridge eggs found in garden

It worked...thanks everyone for your help. This is from my laptop. Wonder if the desktop will work too.

Told Ya!....easy peasy...

6za1kn.jpg

• Upvote 3

Poohbear,

On my old Laptop I had a 'dabble', and managed to put some images together as you have above. I did it by copying my images onto one document in Word and then Formatted them. I have not got Word on this Laptop, so is there another way of putting images together?

#34 could have sworn there was only one nest!!!

Still not working on the desktop though :No1:

Poohbear,

Yes, I have got paint. I have had a mess around on there and not sure how to use it. My little teacher is coming tomorrow to give me a lesson. There goes another fiver! I'm not too good at working out how to do these things so I will wait for my lesson. I was OK with Word, but now have to learn the new method. Thank you for suggesting Paint. :)

• 2 months later...

That photo is a candidate for digital repair..