I hear what you say Cliff Ton, but I have a new picture to post and it will not go. Neither will my Avatar picture, which, of course did originally post correctly. Any thoughts on why I have IMG ...... and you have IMG ...... ? If anyone else who has trouble with posting images is following this, what do you have on the IMG line - or ?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

Hmmmm, interesting. Carni, did the URL address appear in the Reply box? And did the image appear in the Reply box before you hit Post? I note that your #73 does not have an image.

Chulla, Yes, I copied the URL address (it went yellow) and then pasted it in the Reply Box. All you get is the Words, until you press the Magic Button POST. Then the words should turn into the Image.

The reason you didn't see the image in my Post, is because I seem to be having a problem resizing and I thought it to be taking to much space up, so I deleted it. I will do it again, but the image is very big!

• 2 weeks later...

Broadmarsh_zpscc8ba19d.jpg

Ey-up - I have posted an image!!! I ticked the enable HTML box. Should this have been done for past attempts?

post-6497-0-44739100-1407956101_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

#82. Nobody has come up with a reply. Doesn't anyone know? Many of the images in the posts must have originated as camera JPEGs and were posted via Photobucket. A computer savvy friend has converted a couple of my images, but they turn out to small and are not sharp.

Hello Chulla, have you tried Picasa, it's a free google down load.

Once installed it will search for all the images on your PC and store a copy in a folder within Picasa.

Within the options available you can resize and export a file (jpeg) back to your PC.

Then upload the resized file to Photobucket.

Try different sizes until you get the one you want. Works for me.

Hope this helps you.

Smiffy

#82. Nobody has come up with a reply. Doesn't anyone know? Many of the images in the posts must have originated as camera JPEGs and were posted via Photobucket.

You can resize within Photobucket. When you select a particular photo in Photobucket, click on the Edit button here. You can then input whatever size you need.

resize.jpg

As I appear to have cracked the secret way of including images to a message, those still pulling their hair out trying might find the way I did it useful. I appreciate that there might differences in members' computer set-ups/programmes, and it still might not work.

Do the Photobucket bit as outlined in previous messages. When you go into the Nottstalgia thread, and down to the Reply box, click on More Reply Options. This will open a list that has Enable HTML? at its top. If this is not ticked then tick it. Then right click in the Reply box and the necessary lines of info from Photobucket appear. Add any text you wish to appear as the message below this, and then click the Add Reply tab.

If anyone tries this and is successful, would appreciate hearing about it.

Incidentally, the cruise liner in the above photo is the Riviera, anchored off Sorrento last week. The lifeboats are taking passengers ashore.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...