• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'   This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy  

Eeyar.  Heres one for you.  My first test from PIM.     Taken of Bailey today as he and Jake are on guard duty on the window seat.  Hope it works.    Edited to add.  Who

Posted Images

Seems to work in Flickr .

1) Select image in flickr.

2) Click on image and from drop down menu select "Open in new tab"

3) Go to new tab and click on URL to highlight.

4) Copy URL . (Must end in .jpg)

5)Go to Nottstalgia and in reply to message box click on "Insert other media"

6) Paste URL into "insert image using URL" box....and picture should appear .

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

wetherspoons.jpg

This is my try at pasting an Postimage picture. I clicked on Allow access to clipboard and also to the seventh method down the list that is shown - Hotlinks for Forums.  Let's see if it works. If so then will stay with this method. Just sign in and they will send a password by email; return. Did not have to sign in with these details - presume it knows you are valid once you have opened an account.

Yup, it works. Well done Mick for spotting this one.

• Upvote 1

All tests present & correct.

Also to compliment any image hosting program,Pix Resizer to reduce the photo file size, you don't need big file sizes for forum posting, in fact most sites stipulate a max image size. I used this free one for years & always works well. Pix Resizer.

Another free tool from Postimage, easily grab a screen shot & size as you wish & automatically upload to your Postimage account, simplicity.

Look for the Postimge Windows app.

Catfan, I tried clicking on the 'hotline to forum' box, the first time I tried and it didn't work - no picture appeared - so I tried the second box from the top and it did.  I am posting the pictures from an iPad and the photos are in the iPad's photo library.  Is this why it's different?

Clicking on the icon at the end or highlight the text in the box & right click on "Copy" then past your picture in your favourite forum etc. You won't see what you've copied until you paste ! No idea with IOS I'm afraid.

Thanks CT but I have a problem sticky fingers or some such.

I go to the web site click on the pic, click on share and bring up the list. Click on the icon and a window pops up 'do you want to allow access to your something or other, I click 'no'. Click on the icon again and it reads copied but when I get here there is nothing to paste.

Not 100% sure where my photo was taken 'catfan' but I think it's Lyme Regis, I can't seem to find my photo's! Bloody computers lol