Barry St.ives

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barry did me a great favour, he sent my wife and I , and our two disabled children, Andy, and Nicola, to Disney World.They both loved every minute of it.Unfortunately Andy passed away a few years lat

Nice one,mick2me. If that was a quiet day then I dread to think what would have happened on a busy day...lol. Paulus, if it's true what you say about radfordred's dad being the Bingo caller then all

Welcome to Nottstalgia, ladyraevyn. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing your memories. Unfortunately, we are having problems at the moment and Admin are busy trying to sort it out. Once i

Posted Images

B) I maybe mistaken here but the name rings a bell, was the Veriety club in Radford one of his venues back in the eighties.. if it is him, he was a very BLUE comedian, am i right Radfordred.

B) Is that place still their ? i use to be a member once. What a place that was, the bingo was a great laugh, and when the strippers came on it was every man for him self.. :o

post-16-1104061621_thumb.png

Internet Search

Barry has moved on to bigger things. He is touring the Florida circuit.

I don't think he will be returning to the variety club!

St Peterburg is on the west coast of Florida, as will I be in Late January. :rolleyes:

Welcome Radfordred :D

citrus.gif

ROCK CRUSHER CANYON GARDEN PAVILION: 275 S Rock Crusher Road, Crystal Razz Ma Tazz, with special guest comedian Barry St. Ives, from 7 to 10 p.m. today. Admission $15 including a buffet from 6 to 8 p.m. 795-1313.

• 1 year later...

;) I wonder if he's cleaned up his act. When he was at the Variety club his language was attrocious..............It's strange how things turn out, who would have thought that he would do so well over the pond it's normal for the American comedians to come over here when their carreers are waning but one of our fowl mouthed standups, funny world ha......or is it me being prudish.... :yahoo:

• 2 months later...

In answer to the top of the page, I think its Duncan Norvelle, used to live up the road from me at Bradmore.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a late response there Red me owd duck .

By the way Duncan (chase me) Norvelle lived up on what we used to call 'Millionaires Row' near Rufford park .I used to deliver to him when I worked for Business Post ,his house was (seriously!!) called 'The Chase'

;)

• 1 year later...

Following the showbiz theme does anyone recall the bloke - he had a very distinctive style - who presented a weekly feature on Radio Nottingham that summarised who was appearing at the various local venues?

not sure if same bloke but did he also do a "tv and cinema film revue"? he was quite distinctive, also remember the guy who presented the jazz programme, don't know what he looked like but mental image is of old time ex army little hitler type! used to shout at the listeners! !englandflag!

whoa,,,, that title made me jump !

Being a Barry living in St Ives,,,,,,,,

Rad',,, have you got a better/bigger picture ?

My old mate - Kluck - and I used to knock about with a couple of guys in the mid/late 60's in the town centre pubs.

One of them was called Barry,,,, and either he, or his mate had a chinesy look about him.

Every pub we went into, Barry would just stand at the bar, turn around to the drinkers, & launch into 'an act'. After a pint,,,, on to the next pub, & another 'act',,,, and so on. No act was ever the same, so this guy had quite a big repertoire. Can't recall him being 'blue' tho,,,,,,

My first visit to a Chinese restaurant was with these guys. It used to be at the bottom of Derby Road somewhere. The very best Chinese Pork I have ever had.

My first visit to a Chinese restaurant...It used to be at the bottom of Derby Road somewhere.

Yes I remember that one.

You walked past Coop house along Parliament street, right on to Derby Road.

Past the Coop car sales and the Chinese was on a corner on the right.

What was it called?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes I remember that one.

You walked past Coop house along Parliament street, right on to Derby Road.

Past the Coop car sales and the Chinese was on a corner on the right.

What was it called?

Sorry Mick,,,, ain't got a clue. Probably a bit past the point of looking for names at the time,,,, either on Shippo's,,,, or maybe D.D on draught,,,,,, tho' my fave tipple was Worthy E.

Every time I go to a chinese nowadays, I think back to that one.

I don't recognise the 'Barry' pictures in this thread,,,,,,, which makes me wonder "I wonder what happened to the Barry that I remember,,,,,?"

Baz

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

B) I maybe mistaken here but the name rings a bell, was the Veriety club in Radford one of his venues back in the eighties.. if it is him, he was a very BLUE comedian, am i right Radfordred.

B) Is that place still their ? i use to be a member once. What a place that was, the bingo was a great laugh, and when the strippers came on it was every man for him self.. :o

I also remember a great comic Dick Pleasant at the Veriety Club