I've been bitten.

Nah .Thats just a rumour bandied about by the chicken marketing board

;)

I asked the butcher if he had a sheeps head and he said "No it's just the way I part my hair"

• 2 weeks later...

How about this in my conservatory (Crawling round with a flick knife and scaring the poo out of my cats )

allsorts004.jpg

Woke up today with that tell tale itch on my right arm ,sure enough there it was a bloody great mossie bite ,dabbed it with Savlon and it seems to have worked.Only problem I have now is that I didn't leave the house yesterday so that means the little bas**rd is still in the house somewhere, ready to pounce as soon as my back is turned.

Don’t talk to me about mosquitoes and their veracious appetite for blood because I have loads. At the moment I have no idea where they are coming from but I can make a guess. I believe they are breeding in my next doors inflatable swimming pool. It seems every home has one of these these days because they are so cheep to buy, god know how many gallons it take to fill one of these and I bet those who do have one in their garden aren’t on a water metre because if they were they are in for a shock when the second half of their water bill drops through their letter box.

When I saw the pool for the first time several weeks ago through a tiny hole in my wooden dividing fence I thought at the time I might get an invited around to share in the fun but alas no such invite has been received.

Heard some strange noises from next door yesterday and took a peak through ever widening hole in fence, low and behold swimming pool has been drained and cleaned so there goes my invite if ever I was going to get one, still there’s always next summer to look forward to.

PS. at one time I was going to complain about the state of swimming pool to the environment agency because the water in said pool had turned a strange shade of green which reminded me of the colour I intend to paint my front room with also the radiance of the algae growing in there was distracting the sea gulls on their nightly mission for a roosting ledge.

On second thoughts I am now reconsidering my choice of colour scheme for said front room, might go with a delicate shade of burnt orange similar to the rust around my cast iron drain pipes.

Bip.

Thanks Caz for the tip I will in time try the rub…

Last night while working on me bathroom conversion I noticed in me new bath specks of black, not having twenty twenty vision any more I just took them for specks of breeze block [ I had earlier been knocking channels in me walls] on closer inspection they turned out to be baby arachnid [ spiders Caz ] about twenty or more.

Never gave it another thought but two nights ago I was watching television when a four inch across house spider crept slowly down my front room chimney wall, I wonder if she is the mother of said baby spiders or is it the male looking for his off spring. Reminded me a little of shelob the spider in Tolkens The return of the king.

Bip.

Nor do I mick but it can get a little disconcerting when it has all eight eyes transfixed on sharing your digestive biscuit. Move over big boy guess who’s coming for dinner.

Bip.

It's amazing what can be found in the back streets of ever sunny Sawley ain't it

You don’t call that a spider do you Mick I have some guarding the perimeter of my property that would eat that one as a snack.

Heard today that we are in for a infestation of daddy long legs seems the weather is just right for them. Does anyone remember the last infestation we had? I do it was of Lady birds….we had gone to the coast for a break in me dads static van and we had heard before we went that Skeggy and Ingolmells was inundated with the little red blighters [ gardeners friend ]. We couldn’t believe our eyes when we saw them for ourselves; everywhere was covered in them, the prom looked like a sea of red, they made a superb crunching sound under foot a little like the batter on Skeggys fish..

Bip. :victory:

I know this is going to age me..buuut yes..I remember the ladybirds..

I have no idea how long ago it was.

There were billions of them washed up with every wave that came in..and as you say..the prom was covered in them..you couldn't even walk on the prom or sit on a seat.

One at a time they are alright..but when you get that many they take over.

Like spiders!

I remember a smaller infestation of them in about 1987 no where near as bad as the one you remember though

• 2 weeks later...
here is one with his horns out to show it was alive

allsorts002.jpg

I noticed a recent lack of Slugs in the evening lately then to my deep joy I saw the reason why .Sorry I can't shift his 'red eye' for some reason

allsorts032.jpg

I have already built him a hibernation box cos he won't have any problem laying down his fat reserves what with all those slugs, snails and the cat food he keeps pinching

• 11 months later...