My mum left me 2 day.

07-06-06_1741.jpg

Maybe I’m wrong 2 post this but I feel I must.

My mum died 2 day at her home in my arms. As many of you know my mum lived alone ever since her husband died six years ago.

I visited her as usual 2 day of which I do every Thursday and she seemed fine, we chatted as usual and she made me a drink and as normal offered me a myriad of cake options, me mum liked her cakes.

After a while we went into the front room as usual where the chairs are more relaxing and continued 2 talk.

It all happened so sudden, one minute we were chatting and the next I was at her side cradling her in my arms.

She didn’t suffer long maybe two or three minutes that’s all.

The ambulance was there within minutes, I told them that I thought she was dead but they insisted on rigging her up 2 an ECG machine. The male paramedic said that there was a faint trace and he would have 2 take her 2 the A&E at the Queens med.

I followed within five minutes and when I got there a very nice young doctor told me that there was nothing they could have done 2 bring her back.

Thanks all 4 listening I’m sorry but this has helped.

Bip.

Oh Den what can I say im shedding tears for you as i write this,how truly truly sad for you. I know we all on Notts offer you & your family our deepest condolences.

What a blessing you went to vist your dear old mum as usual,can you imagine how you would have felt if you had changed your routine? She was a lucky lady to have you as a caring son & fortunate to die in the arms with the love & security that you provided around her. This won't ease the pain but just to let you know when all is said & done & I know we sometimes tease you, we love & care for you & yours. Your mum didn't leave you Den ,shes there with you all the time if you want her to be.

Caz imsorry

xx

This may sound odd Den, but I think that is such a great way for her to go. Her "little boy" was with her, she had just been the perfect Mum and made you tea and cakes, what a perfect ending to a wonderful life.

My heart goes out to you - there is not a day goes by that I don't miss my mum, and she died 16 years ago!

Den

So Sorry to hear of your mum's passing. It was good that you were there with her at the end, not many folks get the chance to do that, especially with a sudden death like that.

Love Kath

How really sad

You have my deepest condolences

But as everyone else has said she was very lucky to have you there at the end holding her

Deepest wishes Ian

What can I say, Den, that hasn't already been said by your other wonderful friends on this forum.

Your mum looks a right smasher - with a cheeky smile.

Unlike you mate, I wasn't there to comfort my mum when she collapsed with a brain heamorrage while getting ready for bed - she spent the whole night on the floor unconcious before my sister found her the next morning. I just made it to the hospital as we lost her, 4 years ago. Sad times my friend but comforting to know that you were able to cuddle your mum just when she needed it most.

Life holds many surprises and knocks. I wish you all the best Den, just let me know if there's anything I can do.

Frank

Sorry to hear of your loss Den, my condolences mate!

How sad Bip.

When I Am Dead, My Dearest

When I am dead, my dearest,

Sing no sad songs for me;

Plant thou no roses at my head,

Nor shady cypress tree:

Be the green grass above me

With showers and dewdrops wet;

And if thou wilt, remember,

And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,

I shall not feel the rain;

I shall not hear the nightingale

Sing on, as if in pain:

And dreaming through the twilight

That doth not rise nor set,

Haply I may remember,

And haply may forget.

~Christina Rossetti

Rose

Dear BIP my heart broke as I read of the loss of your dear mother.

I feel I want to say so much to try and comfort you, but words somehow fail me.

I am so glad you told us and let us see what a wonderful lady she was.

My thoughts are with you..

Love Anne

"Those we love remain with us, for love itself lives on,

And cherished memories never fade because a loved one's gone.

Those we love can never be more than a thought apart,

For as long as there is a memory, they'll live on in the heart"

So sad to read of the death of you mum - at least she didn'r suffer and had you with her at the end. My sincere condolences Den.

Just like 2 say thanks again everyone for your kind words and condolences. The cremation was yesterday and everything went well right down 2 the little service we had in the small chapel at Bramcote crematorium.

After it was over my family and I went 2 the Bulls head in Breaston 4 a 2 4 one deal meal which again was superb, I drank Cumberland bitter which was only just palatable, the third pint seemed 2 be the best pint after that I didn’t care what I was drinking..Cheers mum.

Bip.

I'll drink to that, and to you Den.

Dear Den

I am sorry.I had missed this thread, as so much had been posted during my absence of the last 16 days. The loss of the site for over 24 hours means that Im am only just trying to catch up. I know you attended the funeral the other day, but did not know about this thread, deepest condolences.

I know you also posted another picture of your mum, some time ago, but cant find it?

Mick