Famous sayings reworded

No googling now, you lot. Try working these out. I'm only doing 5 at a time, as my darn computer keeps dropping my connection when I least expect it.

Example: Scintillate, scintillate, asteroid minific = Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

1 - Members of an avian species of identical plumage congregate.

2 - Surveillance should precede saltation.

3 - It is fruitless to become lachrymose over precipitately departed lacteal fluid.

4 - Freedom from incrustations of grime is contiguous to rectitude.

5 - Thy stylus is more potent than the claymore.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Said to a 30 something recently, who threatened to smash my face in, ''you'll look really silly if you do.........me being 71,   ''and even sillier if i win''.................  

Teaching your grandmother to suck eggs?

From now on I'm going to put all my eggs in one basket then I won't look so stupid walking around the supermarket.

1 birds of a feather

2 look before you leap

3 it's no use crying over spilt milk?

4. cleanliness is next to godliness?

Clever clogs.

Next 5

6 - It is fruitless to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative manouvers

7 - Eschew the implement of correction and vitiate the scion

8 - The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled saucepan does not read 212 degrees F

9 - All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous

10 - Where there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous materials, there is conflagration.

6..... Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

10 ... Where there's smoke there's fire

Hey - I like this little conundrum Katy

Boom boom, that was quick. All correct [you missed out a word lyn, 'spoil' the child.

Ok next lot.

11 - Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted

12 - A plethora of individuals with expertise in culinary techniques vitiate the potable concoction produced by steeping certain caneatibles

13 - Eleemosynary deeds have their incipience intramurally

14 - Male cadavers are incapable of yielding any testimony

15 - Individuals who make their abode in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting petrous projectiles

Correct bf, the last 7 coming up

16 - Neophyte's serendipity

17 - Exclusive dedications to necessitous egires without iterludes of hedonistic diversion. rendeers John a hebetudinous fellow.

18 - A revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of a small green bryophitic plant

19 - The person presenting the ultimate cachinnation possesses thereby the optimal cachinnation

20 - Abstention from any aleatory undertakings preclude a potential escalation of lucrative nature

21 - Missiles of ligneous or petrous consistency have the potential of fracturing my osseaous structure, but appellations will eternally remain innocuous

22 - A piece totally lacks any semblance of validity if it fails to convey mood and meet standards of musical syncopation

16=beginers luck

21=sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me

22= It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing??????????

No honest I just pick bits out that I know what they mean and work round them,for instance I know that 17 = all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, now after remembering what the actual phrase was, thats the hardest bit for me

20= is some thing to do with not gambling and you will get /stay rich but I don't know of a phrase to go with it

;)

P.S. as I have said before all my search engines are not functioning at present as I have a virus messing them about at the moment and no matter what I do I can't seem to clear it out (I am going to have to wipe the hard drive and start again soon)

• 2 years later...

I did do a search on google for these after they had all been answered

When searching for

A plethora of individuals with expertise in culinary techniques vitiate the potable concoction produced by steeping certain caneatibles

I only got one result, Nottstalgia.

One of the best quizes I saw for a while.

Some of these will be used at work in "Mick Christmas Trivia Quiz"

• 1 year later...