The Variety Club, Radford

And

Description: Alterations and extensions to create 11 self-contained apartments above existing club. Drawings can be large files. We recommend that you click on the "thumbnail" links. The quality of the image depends on the quality of the original submission.

Address: 69 Salisbury Street Nottingham NG7 2BE

Council reference: 04/02642/PFUL3

Online Reference: Not Available

Date opened: 10/Dec/2004

http://plan4.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/WAM/sho...2F02642%2FPFUL3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me Dad took me to my 1st match stood in the TrentEnd 1974 lost 3-1 to Nowich City, I was well & truly hooked , he'd like this, got him on the TrentEnd wall.   

That record takes me back to my old skiffle group days!. I made a tea chest bass and learnt to play the guitar from Bert Weedon's "Play in a Day" book - bit of a misnomer that! I sold my first guitar

So sorry to hear this news Nick, he truly was a legend in his own lifetime, so many laughs, so many misspent Sundays in Radford's most popular church. You take care of your Mum   Guess

Posted Images

Heres the one I like

Application Type

New premises licence

Summary of Proposals (for full details please see attached operating schedule)

• To provide live & recorded music, dance performances including nudity, dancing facilities and the sale of alcohol by retail

http://open.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/comm/dow...yClubReport.doc

• 2 weeks later...
Gordon your dad Red??

Great man

;)

Sure is Beef , He was 80 yesterday the 10th .

Mrs Red said you can't buy him a bottle of Whiskey for his 80th birthday as i always do , yes i f**king can .

The kids brought him PG Tips ( he as it in his tea )

cathy004nz9.jpg

cathy005zn6.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LoL! What alot of whiskey! hee hee.. your dad doesnt look his age.. !congrats!

Off Topic abit! soz.

hiya, i know this is along shot...but i was wondering... you being from radford and all :)

if you (or your Dad? or someone of that age..soz i'm being cheeky now, sorry. ) remember a man called Ken Smith having a cafe on bentinck road?

back in 1985? or so..

i'm sorry for this, but i'd thought i'd ask just incase you did by any chance :)

Radford is around that area isnt it?.where bentinck school is? across from the alma inn? is that pub called? i havent been up that way for ages.

gosh i know how to make people dislike me by asking questions and being all off topicy..

Sam.

• 1 year later...

Ha ha superb stuff don't know if you remember the false leg ? That was posted to a guy who lives in Thailand his last ever visit to the Variety and Nottingham was on the last Sunday 19/12/04 , he said there there was nothing left for him in Nottingham to come back for .

So if you ever come across this site Roger that leg cost me £14 to post .

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And to all those who have had the pleasure of playing a game or two of Bingo on a Sunday lunch;

Maggies Den Number 10.....Bomb the B45t4rd bomb the B45tard, oy oy oy!!!

Looks like they finally went ahead and did it !!

are them speakers any good? seriously though despite the somewhat risque shows on occasion it just goes to show how life has changed? is it all down to money? have "they" out priced us? is it the anti drink campaign? is it the change of lifestyle?

Never thought of that...thanks a lot for this astounding advice....Wow!...you should take this advice thing up professionally.

Where's your accent from...Bradford?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My memory of the Variety club ( I only went in once) is from 1975. My bedsit landlord used to sell veg from his allotment in a few pubs and he took me to the club one Sunday lunch. As he sold his veg, a young stripper came onto the stage, at which point, the guy standing next to me almost choked on his pint. '**** me' he said, ' I was teaching her maths last year. She's only just turned 16'

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...