• 8 years later...

Meh!!

I can remember every worthwhile hit from 1949 to Date.

Obviosly.. I define what is worthwhile.............

Oh so much!

Billy Fury, Gerry & the Pacemakers, Manfred Mann, Dave Clark 5, The Hollies, Gene Pitney all had hits this year!

My last year of youth & freedom before I got married.

1964! What a year. <sigh>

• Upvote 2

EileenH,it's great how we remember music to certain times..was it Mike Post who did Rockford Files theme? I recall my Dad ,being a Boots man; he was mates with the pharmacist in Aberystwyth branch..that hot summer of '76 that was played...and Racing Cars, They shoot horses don't they was on the radio a lot.we spent that summer in Wales. Love Manfred Mann and Up the Junction LP is great!!

Late 60's. Animals, Manfred Mann, Pretty Things, Yardbirds, Who, Small Faces brilliant.

1958 -62 was my favourite time - Last years at school........13 years to 17 years old was when all I was interested in was the latest clothes, boys, music and jiving.........

• Upvote 1

My favourite song ever is 'Will you still love me tomorrow' - was playing the first time I danced with im indoors........

• Upvote 2

Shirelles and Chiffons were both terrific girl groups who got a bit overshadowed by Motown

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently 1979 was the most diverse pop chart year. Funny late that year I was diggin' that Bo and Chuck album,and was reading Snakes & ladders by Dirk Bogarde.Buggles charted,punk was maturing as was disco,and the mods were back. Lena Martell I have to say made me ill as i downed Kronenburg in the Bench and Bar pub.I left for Holland then.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great stuff cranky..........was the 'B' side   ''What do ya wanna make eyes at me  for''?...............if they don't mean what they say''  

Not heard that one before Cranky..........reckon it would win Eurovision today.............

• 3 weeks later...