An Audience with Stan Collymore

Another 'Audience with' evening is confirmed for Tuesday September 4th, when former Red, Stan Collymore will be the star attraction. The night is sure to be a sellout with one of footballs' most charismatic characters. Radio 5's Darren Fletcher will be the compere for the evening, he was formerly Century FM's Forest Correspondent. Fans will remember Collymore for many things whilst at Forest and most of them good. He was only at the City Ground for 2 years, but in that time he scored 41 goals in 65 appearances. Tickets now available from the Approach. Fellows Morton and Clayton Canal Street, The Globe London Road, The Southbank and Monkeytree West Bridgford or online at www.gigantic.com .

bu99er on afternoons !

Nearly called my lad Stan after Stan until Mrs Red had her say .... wimin .

I am going to a 'Sportsmans Evening' on Friday. 3 course meal, comedian , auction and an after dinner speech by Mike Sumerbee Who? I hear you ask. Me too but the boss of my local is paying for us so owt for nowt count me in

(By the way I do know who Mike Sumerbee is)

Yeah he was an actor in that film Escape to Victory then he played for that Manchester team that the locals support .

Or was it the other way round ?

And his son played for us but for some reason he added an extra M in his name Nicky Summerbee

You got any dirt on Nicky ,cos it would be brill to rip into his dad if he stays for a lock in at our local (They usually do) !rotfl!

Whats wrong with the name Stan?

Me Dads names Stan.

Me partners Name is Unwin, and they had a cat called Stanley

Geez mick - I thought you were married when you referred to 'er indoors as SWMBO. smile2

Then again, I have met her and I swear, - if she had said owt to me I would 'av obeyed !rulez!

• 1 month later...

I know this is a late reply, but, a l couple of interesting facts here, first, me and Dazzer go back a long way in our radio careers together, we were both at Trent, Gem, and then Century together...just ask him about how i stitched him up like a kipper with an old school mate who had become a detective! And secondly, i was working with Stan at a venue at Weekday Cross, it wasnt "an audience with" thing, but similar, when, during the earlier part of the evening, which wasnt overly busy Stan says to me that he'd left his car back at the City ground, and if he didnt retrieve it before a certain time, it would be locked in.

So, off he goes to collect it........................................and that was the last we saw of him! !tony!