Just heard on the news that Madelaines parents are now prime suspects in the case of the missing child. Wondering how closely the coverage is in UK? can't get much info about it here,thats one of the problems about living in Oz we think we are the only people on the planet!! I do watch SBS occasionally, but still not enough info for me. Mind you if thats my only complaint after 19 years of living here then it can't be that bad can it ??

Only just started to get reports of it here. Not enough info to come to any opinion, and besides the media always gets their facts wrong and manufactures stuff up to fill their inaccurate reported story anyway. The inconsistancies in the reporting of the Crandall Creek Canyon mine were perfect examples. Even after being told that a continuous miner was cutting the roadway and loading it's coal into a shuttlecar they still called it a mobile continuing machine and calling the shuttlecars bumper cars. Plus kept say roof caveins when in actual fact there were no roof falls whatsover.

They just make it up as they go along, as long as they are not libeling anyone, they don't care.

I think there has been some British Police involvement in the enquiry now.

They have found a small amount of blood in the apartment, and in a car hired some weeks after the dissapearance.

If they have a DNA sample of Madeline, and the newly found blood matches in DNA.

It could mean.

1. Blood, was shed by Madeline in the apartment

or

2. Something or someone transferred madelines blood into the apartment.

It does not prove she was killed or assaulted, there, unless the distribution of blood indicates, some kind of violent event.

They did not find this blood till recently indicates that there is very very little blood.

This could be very fine blood drops, or there is evidence of clean up.

Fine blood splashes can indicate a possible violent event.

This could be by any offender during the kidnap.

Evidence of clean up would not be consistant with an outside offender

who would not stop to clean up?

Blood in the car indicates transfer from an injured or deceased person

OR

Other means of transfer, by person or weapon etc to the vehicle.

The fact that the car was hired some weeks after the dissapearance of Madeline does not rule out the posibility of transfer of blood into that vehicle by some means or other.

THE FACT THAT MADELINES BLOOD HAS BEEN FOUND, DOES NOT MEAN THAT SHE IS DEAD!

I will reiterate what I have said all along in somuch as there has been a tragic accident and the parents have attempted to cover it up and have more than likely dummped her body out in the sea

I’m confused and Mick you haven’t helped me one slightest to make my mind up whether the Mc Canns are guilty or not. I would like to think they are innocent in all of this but how many times have we seen those who we all think at the time when interviewed by the police/press are innocent turn out to be the guilty party.

Bip.

I will reiterate what I have said all along in somuch as there has been a tragic accident and the parents have attempted to cover it up and have more than likely dummped her body out in the sea

girlvboy If that were the case Beefy wouldn’t the pedal low hire records show such a rental?

Or am I missing something, do they have peddle low hire in Portugal?

Bip. !tanning!

Seems to me that everyone has tried the McCanns through the little evidence the Portugese police have released. It may be the parents, it may not - let's just wait and see and not put these people through 'trial by media'. Having said that I do think that the Portugese police are not really up to the job of investigating this terrible crime in the way it should be investigated, maybe they should seek help from experts from other countries who have greater experience in cases like this.

Sounds like the Police in Portugal, are trying to get a plea to a lesser charge?

Why would the parents cover up the accidental death of a child?

In such cases close relatives are always a suspect till ruled out.

Most murders are commited by persons known to the victim.

The Samples have been examined by the UK Forensic Science lab in Birmingham.

We can only wait to find out the full extent of the evidence?

If it had been conclusive they would not be back in the UK today.

It has been alleged that the Portugese police have planted the evidence.

If so, they must know where the body is?

One thing for sure, the defence will give them a rough ride should

such crucial evidence be used, having not been found till such a late date.

The UK police would have torn that room apart.

Portugese law states they must notify the suspect, that they are in fact a suspect.

I hope it does not turn out that parents are suspects.

I’m confused and Mick you haven’t helped me one slightest to make my mind up whether the Mc Canns are guilty or not. I would like to think they are innocent in all of this but how many times have we seen those who we all think at the time when interviewed by the police/press are innocent turn out to be the guilty party.

Bip.

Its not for us to decide Den

I was just highlighting the value of blood evidence under certain circumstances.

I will be interested in seeing the full facts.

I would like to think that the parents were not involved in this - but to me, something has smelled a little "fishy" right from the start. Their "excuse" just didn't sound right to me.

I guess time will tell.

Right from the on set of the investigation the Portuguese police have shown how inept they are in handling this sort of crime. It was reported in some newspapers that the police guarding the crime seen had been seen to be smoking in as much contaminating the crime area. If you ask me they are complete armatures, what is wanted is for the Portuguese police to be issued with those nice little pen torches which you see on CSI Miami or CSI New York if they where equipped with them maybe just maybe they would be taken for professionals like the actors are in those series.

For god’s sake why don’t they switch a light on?

Bip.

So where do 2 people, having killed their offspring, hide the body for 25 days, with all the local police and others searching for her, and all the worlds media watching their every move, hide the body???????

And where in Portugal did they manage to go in the car without the world's media following????