Job Done [ Bathroom ]

It’s taken me several months to complete and I’m at that stage now where there is only a heated towel rail left to install, you can see the rail on the left leaning against the wall it will be fitted in the next couple of days.

Ok I know what you are thinking, so what you are saying, but this is the first time I have ever installed a complete bathroom suite.

The bath is one of those that widens at one end so if you don’t fancy a bath you can have a shower instead which you can see I have installed too.

I have also included a picture of the old suite for comparison and for you to get an idea of what the bathroom and its colour scheme looked like before I renovated it.

Bip. ;)

Bathroom021.jpg

Bathroom017.jpg

Bathroom019.jpg

Bathroom002.jpg

I was going to start a new topic in the For Sale section but while I’m here does anyone fancy buying the old suit off me? Red you could I suppose stick it on eBay.

There’s always some sucker out there ready and willing to part with their cash…..

Bip. B)

It’s taken me several months to complete and I’m at that stage now where there is only a heated towel rail left to install...

erm...toilet roll holder too?... :yahoo:

Excellent job Den!

I can appreciate your efforts, as both my attempts to fit out a new bathroom have resulted in:

1) Great mirth all round...

2) Professional intervention...

3) Wasted expense.

Cheers

Robt P.

WOW - I didn't think it would be warm enough in Sawley for an outdoor bathroom! ;)

Good job Den!

Yours too is very impressive frank I think too you had a little more room to work with, I was limited to what I could do and to where I could put things that’s why I basically put the bath, sink and toilet in the same place as the original suit had occupied.

I find the hardest thing and the most time consuming is the preparation work one has to do to be able to install what you want.

Bip. B)

Hiya Red, no not yet mate planning to when heated towel rail is in to put bog rolls on that.

The loo brush and holder I forgot to move Frank from corner of bath, it is now in its rightful place down side of loo. If your wife Frank was wondering where I got the loo brush holder the tooth brush holder and soap dish from they all came from Dunelm at Radford.

I am now looking for the little nic nac’s one needs to finish the effects off like scented candles and those things women are so good at getting.

The colour of the old suite is called Harvest.

Bip.

Yours too is very impressive frank I think too you had a little more room to work with, I was limited to what I could do and to where I could put things that’s why I basically put the bath, sink and toilet in the same place as the original suit had occupied.

I find the hardest thing and the most time consuming is the preparation work one has to do to be able to install what you want.

Bip. B)

Not really Den - it just looks that way. The room size was 1.5m x 2.5m. Just managed to get a 1.47m bath and then bought the units from MFI.

After I'd done all that they've gone and sold the house and moved on further up the housing chain. Seems like dad's are good for some things eh?

Can't beat Dunelms at Radford mate - we've just finished decorating the bedroom and Mrs Frank has been down there to buy the new bedspead, curtain rails etc. looks lovely

Know what you mean about all the preparation but if you don't prep right then the finished job don't look right neither.

Like the colour of the old suite - Harvest - was that a PUN? !cheers!

Like the colour of the old suite - Harvest - was that a PUN? !cheers!

It wasn’t meant as one Frank but I see where you are coming from.

I did some years ago decorated my mates front room for him, new paper the works, several months later he put his house on the market to be sold, if I had known at the time he intended to move I wouldn’t have offered two wall paper it.

Bip. :Friends:

This is fast becoming a DIY spot .....if you aren't careful I will add mine too smile2 & to think you lot didn't want to add a cooking section MY how things have changed lips0

Wow, you guys do good work! I like both jobs. A pity we don't have "before and after" pics for comparison, but I can imagine that "harvest" bathroom looking particularly "nasty".

I had a friend who was always complaining that his kids would leave the bathroom a mess so he was on a quest for a bathroom suite colored "Soap Scum Grey"!