Nottingham company's Christmas advert?

I worked for Arco in the early 70's for a short time, they had workshops in the north, London, Scotland and Nottingham. All the heavy stuff was done in Birmingham for the Midlands area. It was one of the most modern rewind facilities in the UK, pity their standards didn't match their main workshops.

They were situated on the main road in Beeston at that time with a small workshop for mechanical work on motors, all rewinds were sent to Brum.

There were two other electrical fitters beside myself, one labourer, Manager and an office girl, both of the other elec fitters lived in rentals owned by Arco next door to the workshop.

The one you've seen Mick I don't think has anything to do with the old Arco in Birmingham, I'm sure they went tits up in the 80's

Like I stated, quality wasn't one of their trademarks! They had a pretty poor name, but their rewinds were cheaper than any other company.

When I worked at J.Jones and Wilson Ford, quality was the name of the game, they had a high reputation to uphold, we stripped a motor, pulled and replaced all bearings, cleaned and inspected the windings, hand varnished windings and rotor bars, painted everything.

Arco washed the bearings and charged the customer for new bearings! We didn't varnish or paint the bell housings, just used Arco hammer blue to paint the outside. Shoddy to say the least, thats why I left.

Wilson Ford are still in business, J.Jones so I'm told sold out to a national rewind company and I believe the Nottingham branch is now closed down.

J.Jones was where I went after I'd finished my apprenticeship with the NCB.

I did find this while searching for Arco rewinds Birmingham Ltd, company "windup" from the mid 80's.

http://www.firmenwelten.de/uploads/media/6.6.2006_01.pdf

Is this the rewind company in Lenton??

Classic Rewinds Ltd.

50a Park Road

Lenton

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire

NG7 1JG