• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phil Neville? ...........commentating?.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sounds like a kid watching telly in his room & commenting to himself, very quietly, so he doesn't wake

Tonight, England will be playing their first game in the World Cup. I for one, with the St. George flag flying proudly from my house, will cheer my team on. Hopefully England will do well with their y

That's the only stage you CAN watch England games.

• 1 year later...

Yes it was interesting . Gedling's Steve Hodge got Maradonna's shirt at the end of the match .

Shilton wasn't very impressed :

"I know it might be worth £30,000 but I wouldn't have took it "

• Upvote 1

Maradonna was the greatest CHEAT ever in the history of football. I loathe the greasy dollop.

Kenny Burns would have taken him out, no problems.

yes i watched it too,........interesting to hear the players views all this time after.......England had a good team back then and a good Manager,forgot Steve Hodge had got Maradonna's shirt,....£300,000 i would'nt turn it down,and his goal got to be the best ive ever seen,whatever you think of the man he was some player......

And a few English players.............Nobby Stiles,Norman Hunter,Chopper Harris,Jack Charlton,Tommy Smith and our own Sammy Chapman............

Remember Dennis Hollywood of Southampton, he'd have bitten off the 'Hand of God' and shoved it up Maradonna's backside! But were'nt/are'nt Argentine players cheats, remember Rattin in the 1966 World Cup finals and that scumbag who set up Beckham and got him sent off. The exception is possibly one of the best footballers of all time, Messi, I've watched him get hacked mercilessly in Barcelona matches and he rarely throws himself down in 'agony' or complains ceaselessly to the ref. I'll even forgive him for his tax dodges.

• Upvote 1

Dennis Hollywood Firbeck,blast from the past...........and yes he would.........but then again most folk from Govan would.......lol.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Rugby World cup again
  • 2 months later...

Out of a total of around 70 posts so far in this thread, only about 5 of them are on the subject of rugby; all the rest are about football - despite the title.

And I also have always thought rugby a fairly stupid, dumb 'sport'; never understood the appeal. 

Agree Kev..........what a stupid game.....who thought of having something called a Ball shaped like that.......

Used to enjoy playing rugby at school, until I got tackled from behind on a frozen pitch. Apparently, the crack from my collarbone breaking could be heard across the pitch.

Not that I got any sympathy from our rugby teacher, who just told me to go and see the school nurse. She took a quick look, and told me to ring home to get a lift to hospital. Six weeks with a figure of eight strapping holding the collarbone in place certainly took away any thought of enjoying the game any more.

I played Rugby at school. I was always rubbish at football but was much better at rugby so enjoyed playing. I was even in the school team and never got any serious injury. The worst thing that I still wince at when I think about was charging down a kick I caught the wet ball full in the face which hurt. A lot. Having said that I enjoyed rugby we had the opportunity to opt for rowing from the 3rd year so went off to Trent bridge all Friday afternooons. It seemed to shorten school to only four and a half days which suited me fine. My goodness it could be cold on the river in winter but I rather excelled at rowing. Wish I’d kept it on but it fizzled out after leaving school.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone watch the rugby today, how good are the French eh? Love to watch them they just get the ball and go for it.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Rugby World cup