Well after a very exciting game (not beautiful I'll grant you) England make it to the Rugby World Cup Final again .Where ever in the world you are or wherever your alegiances lie now ,get behind your 'old' country in the final please

Ian

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phil Neville? ...........commentating?.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sounds like a kid watching telly in his room & commenting to himself, very quietly, so he doesn't wake

Tonight, England will be playing their first game in the World Cup. I for one, with the St. George flag flying proudly from my house, will cheer my team on. Hopefully England will do well with their y

That's the only stage you CAN watch England games.

I too watched it and as you say it wasn’t pretty but the result we were hoping for came.

I shall be watching the other semi final today minus the four cans of Fosters I bought last night, have you tried Fosters Lager? Bloody awful swill. Why o why do I buy canned beer? Maybe because bottle beer is so expensive and the bottles cannot be crushed under foot nor thrown at the tele when we lose without causing extreme damage.

By the way Panthers lost at home to the Sheffield Steelers last night by a power play goal with less than two minutes to the end of the game. Again even with a different team from last year they are struggling to beat their arch rivals once again home or away. :ph34r:

Bip.

Notts County lost as well 3-1 at home to Bury

I don't drink canned (or draught for that matter) Lager ,I do occasionaly treat myself to a case of 'Widget' Beer (Whichever is the cheapest) and that will last me a year (no kidding) If I drink at home it's Red Wine or Brandy and very occasionaly (Usualy around my birthday) a fine Cognac

I'me going to watch the other match in a little while but no booze for me either, as I am looking after the kids, as SWMBO is at work

I am wearing my South Africa shirt 'cos as daft as it sounds I would rather lose to them in the final than the Argies ,I could never live it down

I too watched it and as you say it wasn’t pretty but the result we were hoping for came.

I shall be watching the other semi final today minus the four cans of Fosters I bought last night, have you tried Fosters Lager? Bloody awful swill. Why o why do I buy canned beer? Maybe because bottle beer is so expensive and the bottles cannot be crushed under foot nor thrown at the tele when we lose without causing extreme damage.

By the way Panthers lost at home to the Sheffield Steelers last night by a power play goal with less than two minutes to the end of the game. Again even with a different team from last year they are struggling to beat their arch rivals once again home or away. :ph34r:

Bip.

For some reason, Fosters gives me a headache! No not after a dozen or more, after just one! I liked it when we lived down under, but the stuff always gave me one hell of a headache, they must brew it with formaldahyde!!

WE WUZ ROBBED (Oh yeah!!!)

Dismissing fears that he would become public enemy No 1 in England, Stuart Dickinson said he had reviewed the decision frame by frame yesterday and remained convinced that Cueto's left foot was in touch before he grounded the ball.

The try that wasn't: Mark Cueto goes over the line

The decision, which took an age as Dickinson looked at the incident from a series of different angles, was the key moment of the match. Had the 42nd-minute score been allowed to stand, then England would have narrowed South Africa's lead to a point. But Dickinson said: "There's no doubt about it, it's correct. There's stills footage and all the pictures we looked at on the night have been proved to be right. There's a lot of definitive footage there.

"I'm 100 per cent happy with the decision. His foot runs into touch by about 25 to 30 centimetres. Factually it is indisputable. If you know the decision is correct and people are still upset, well there's nothing you can do about that is there? Opinions are like bums, everyone's got one."

Boo yahoo sucks

WE WUZ ROBBED (Oh yeah!!!)

No international sporting event is complete unless the Poms whinge, following the usual defeat...

Second only to the Pakis as sporting moaners and cheats.

His left boot clearly grounded on the chalk, therefore out of play...

Most memorable exception to the whinge criteria was the '66 World Cup Final...

Apparently Hurst's chalk cloud was still swirling around the stadium for a week after the game. :yahoo:

Cheers

Robt P.

• 6 years later...

i HATE FOOTBALL

TOO MUCH BIFFO

think you are in the majority on nottstalgia,bazza 123.

I love football and I'll enjoy watching the World Cup matches, especially the England ones. Oh, before you ask, my wife loves football as well. We went to all the Wembly games with Nottingham Forest and also to the European Cup Final (which Forest won twice on the trot before deciding to give someone else a chance...lol) in Munich. I went to all the European Cup away games without my wife, though. I'd made sure that I was working in all the cities that Forest were playing in and that tickets were obtained for me. Great times.

• Upvote 1

I used to love football until the cash, chat and celebrity took over. Now I'm hoping for some good films to be shown on other channels, away from the World Cup.

• Upvote 1

I'll only watch England games in the early stages. The others I'm not bothered about. Maybe Holland, I've always liked the way they play.

Not many on Nottstalgia get excited about football,unless you say summat like...............up the Rams :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Re # 32, gone off you benjamin.

Re # 33, come on DJ, let's think positive.

I'll be amazed if we get any further though. I can't muster up much enthusiasm I'm afraid.

• Upvote 2

Re # 32, gone off you benjamin.

Re # 33, come on DJ, let's think positive.

I'll be amazed if we get any further though. I can't muster up much enthusiasm I'm afraid.

OK. I'll look on the bright side. At least we're not Scotland.

• Upvote 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Rugby World cup