Harvest Pale in Bottles.

Reading as I do the evening post from pillar to post on a Wednesday evening I read that the Castle Rock brewery is about to bottle Harvest pale.

You will have to excuse me if I don’t jump up and down on reading that news because I read also that it won’t be Castle Rock brewing it.

That’s right they are farming it out to another brewery who has the capacity to bottle it also after brewing it.

Whether it will change only time and tasting will tell but if it is the same as the draught version you can be certain that I will have a few bottles in me garage for the occasional visitor to try, that's if I haven't drank it.

Bip.

It's the downside of winning awards Den, free advertising=more demand .It happened in Hook Norton ,Oxfordshire at the micro brewery that made 'Old Hooky' and 'Hook Ale' (Nice ale) they used to provide most of the independants in a 40 mile radius but they won a couple of awards and they started to have to ship it further and further. It got so popular that the local boozers couldn't get enough and started 'buying in' other brews, then the trendy pubs start to lose interest , the locals have changed their aliegences and the brewery go tits up ,(well nearly in this case they still going but on a much reduced capacity)

Eh BIP, because you seem to be an old toper, much like myself, did you know Castle Rock have brought a new ale out? Went into one of my locals last Friday night, The Vat and Fiddle (a REAL pub, for REAL beer drinkers!) and low and behold a new brew - PRESERVATION, had to try a pint of course, must say it was absolutely excellent and was told that it was to be one of their regulars. Did you know that that pub always has at least 10 ales on and I can't count the number of different whiskey's.

;) Just one moment if you please pem ‘me an old toper? I have been called many things in my time but never an old toper mate, I still have all my teeth.

The Vat and Fiddle is one of my haunts too it’s the Castle rock brewery tap house as you probably know.

The poacher on Manfield road is basically the same as well as is the Victoria Hotel in Beeston and now I’ve read in the Nottingham Evening Post that the Bitter and Butter up on Mapperley Plains as become one more chain in their armour.

Didn’t know about the new brew, will have to try it the next time I’m in there or one of their pubs.

Basically I go in the Vat and Fiddle every other week with my mate who too likes real ale and the odd fag.

:Friends:

Bip.

We'll have to meet up one Friday night BIP - you wear a white carnation and I'll carry a copy of the sporting times!

Don’t normally go into Nottingham on a Friday night Pem it’s mainly a Saturday night when I take the last bus into Nottingham from here, and then it’s either the Poacher or the Vat and Fiddle I go in.

Did think at one point when I was looking to move of buying one of those flats in and around the ice arena so as I wouldn’t have far to travel for me HP but thought better of it, now I wish in a way that I looked closer at the option.

If what Mick as said is true, that the Nags Head has got HP on, then my move out here into no real ale land isn’t that bad a move after all.

I only hope it sells well, which if it does and I can’t see why it shouldn’t the land lord will order a refill, which in turn will make my stay and the money I’m spending on me bungalow worth it.

Bip.