Holidays in the sun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can tell I am back off of my jollies, we had a reasonable time , although the weather could have been better it wasn't bad for the time of year (only rained on the day we came home)

Left here on Sunday afternoon at 12.15 pm and set my computer cruise to "NO BAST**D OVER TAKES ME" and arrived 300 miles later in Camelford at 5.15pm . Not bad when you think that I have a four year old, "Are we there yet" after we had been on the M6 for less than 10 miles

I had a good days fishing catching loads of Pollack and a Spotted Ray on which I gashed my hand open (Requiring hospital attention .They glued it up .Whilst on this subject aren't these little cottage hospitals fantastic I was in and out in less than an hour including paper work and having to wait for 20 minutes for the Tetanus injection to start to work. THANKYOU NEWQUAY HOSPITAL you have renewed my faith in the NHS)

We toured a lot, met up with my brother and his family and we went to the National Seal Sanctury at Gweek (What a ****ing rip off nearly 11 quid to go in and £8 for the kids, just to listen to some untrained pillock telling us how good they were) But then on to the "Satalite Earth" station at Goonhilly Downs this was brilliant, great value for money £6.50 each and that included 2 film shows and a guided bus tour around the 130 acre site.And the best part was that kids under 5 went free

We found the Cornish Cider farm to be good value for money too ,and their Strawberry wine mmmmmmmmmmmmm and cream teas and yes Den I even found real Cornish Pasties

There and back with lugage for 4 and my fishing tackle all the touring around (A total of 1000 miles and only used £120 in deisel not bad to say I am not the lightest on the pedals

I will post some photos when I find my camera

...and arrived 300 miles later in Camelford at 5.15pm ...

Trust you didn't drink the water...has your hair turned green?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/127270.stm

Cheers

Robt P.

Funny enough no (I remember this vividly as my Uncle Colin was somewhere in the hierachy of South West Water at the time of the occurance and he used to get ribbed something rotten at family gatherings)

Love that part of the country. How about that nice cycle path on the old railway line between Padstowe - Bodmin (and Camelford?) Beautiful area.

It's called the 'Camel trail' and follows the river (Camel) all the way to it's mouth at Padstow .We have discussed 'doing it' when the kids are a bit bigger

Holiday2059-1.jpg

Me at The Lizard

Holiday2067.jpg

Padstow from the water taxi

Holiday2009.jpg

The Spotted Ray which sliced my hand open If you look closely on my right hand you can just see it starting to bleed

Holiday2008.jpg

I also caught this box of Pollack each one is about 6 pound

Holiday2013.jpg

Wild Grey Seals in Newquay harbour

Love that part of the country. How about that nice cycle path on the old railway line between Padstowe - Bodmin (and Camelford?) Beautiful area.

It's called the 'Camel trail' and follows the river (Camel) all the way to it's mouth at Padstow .We have discussed 'doing it' when the kids are a bit bigger

Ah yes, remember it now, thanks mate. Me and the missus actually did Padstow to Bodmin and return once after renting bikes down at Padstein. It was great and we really enjoyed it. A stand out memory was visiting the old jail in Bodmin. Don't know if you've ever visited tehre but it's curiously entered through a room which has been made into a pub adjoining the jail. You buy your entrance tickets behind the bar!

Well worth a visit.

Funny enough we went there on our last day but decided not to go round as there seemed to be a lot of steps to be pushing a baby buggy up and down, again it's on the to do list for when the youngest is a bit more mobile.

We were also going to go on the steam railway the same day but for some silly reason they were only doing deisels that day so we gave that a miss too.

• 11 years later...