Where i live the local kids come round on Oct 31st and ask for a trick or treat. Then they put their hands out and ask for money or sweets.

when i was in Florida a few years ago during Halloween the local kids came round and sang songs or told rhymes to entertain. they wore masks and carried lanterns, a lot of time and effort was spent preparing. Am i being an old grump or are things the same round your way?

Yes you are a old grump,Dennis you must have stuck an old guy on you trolley when you where a kid down the meadows ,and gone penny for guying .
  • Upvote 2

What I can't understand is how Halloween, just one night of the year, appears to have been turned into a three week event.

It now seems to have been combined with bonfire night, there are copious amounts of fireworks going off outside.

It wouldn't be anything to do with profiteering would it?

Spent the last two days pressure cleaning and then, yesterday, sealing the courtyard at the front of the house with a black sealer and finishing about 5pm. Looked good, even though I do say so myself.

Blocked off the access from the driveway with red and white chequered tape in order to stop any Halloween types walking over it...should have been no problem as first access point is at the end of our driveway and around the path to the front door.

Back into the house for a cool drink as it had been a warm day when............a knock on the front door.

Open the door to four goblins from origins that I believe never recognised Halloween.

These four kids seemed concerned about their shoes sticking to my sealed, tiled porch area....long story short - they had climbed through the tape, walked across the courtyard and were now leaving partial black footprints on my tiles.

Asked why they had climbed through the tapes and across the painted concrete, they said they had told their parents about the tape but had been told to climb through it!!!!!!

Kids were not to blame, just their stupid, moronic, imbecile parents. And yes, it was still daylight, tapes clearly visible and the smell of the sealer still very strong in the air!

Halloween........BAH.