Any one ever done it?

The 'it' in question being going shopping for one item and coming back with some thing totaly different.

We went over to Crewe to buy a new mattress ,and for me to price up a new camera and I came home with a Tom Tom Sat nav for my car,

I came out of Jessops (cameras) slightly miffed cos they don't do part exchange any more ( I have a Canon SLR worth about £300 and want a Canon digital SLR) although all the accesories that I have for my present camera will fit on the new one (Lens etc)

Any one ever done it?

The 'it' in question being going shopping for one item and coming back with some thing totaly different.

We went over to Crewe to buy a new mattress ,and for me to price up a new camera and I came home with a Tom Tom Sat nav for my car,

I came out of Jessops (cameras) slightly miffed cos they don't do part exchange any more ( I have a Canon SLR worth about £300 and want a Canon digital SLR) although all the accesories that I have for my present camera will fit on the new one (Lens etc)

As you probably know, we have the large "warehouse" markets here like Sam's CLub and Costco. Mary and I often joke that you simply cannot visit one without spending $100 - no matter how good your intentions!

I am jealous of your "Tom-Tom" though!

We have a Costco about 30 miles away and I can always spend £100/£200 in there and when I get home I don't have a clue what I have spent it on

Can’t say I have beefy…my mate has a tom tom his wife bought it him two crimbos ago he hasn’t used it yet. I offered him fifty squid the other weekend for it, he said F***off in a nice way.

I can understand someone having one who does a lot of driving like a taxi /lorry drivers but my mate isn’t a taxi /lorry driver nor does he drive to places he hasn’t been to before so what’s the point of having one.

Me thinks at the time his wife bought it for him it was a must have item thank god I don’t succumb to those urges.

Have you seen that Halfords advert where the assistant fits a sat-nav into a customer’s car? And then says there you are Mr so and so just put your post code in and it will show you the way home…makes me laugh every time, !rotfl! my nearest Halfords is two miles away. girlvboy

Bip.

I bought this one in Halfords in Crewe, the lad just gave me the box cos that bit about him fitting and driving away is boll**s cos you have to go on your computer and update it all first

I think the Missus will have to invest in a GPS unit before long, mainly to locate the boundaries of properties she lists. Lots of times there aren't reliable fence markers on some of the larger pieces of land she checks out.

• 9 years later...

I occasionally have shopped online with Amazon, and have been absolutely inundated with useless emails for the last week. 

This morning I looked in, and I'd had about a dozen overnight. Ugh !

• 3 years later...

Radio 1 have censored  “faggot” and “slut” from the  Pogues /Kirsty Macoll  Fairytale of New York for this year, after having played it in it's original form millions of times since it's release in 1987.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/19/fairytale-of-new-york-pogues-censored-radio-1-radio-2