• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember going to the Quorn on friday lunch for a cheese and onion cob and a couple of pints of Home Bitter. Fantastic!

It's not called the Quorn anymore - another one that's had a facelift.

I'll have a look on the way home to see what it's called now, and possibly a picture.

The Quorn is now called the Hub. They have taken out the large TV to discourage any football fans and painted the interior a pinkish colour. It's the nearest pub to where i live and i don't go in there because of the rip off prices.

Den.

I heard today that the Top Valley Social Club has also put their prices up and it's now £2.60 for a pint of lager.

Soon be as expensive as Diesel. Filled the van up today - £79 98p - used to be about £64 a couple of months ago

Filled the car yesterday to go over to Nott'm, £60.00 for 56 litres, who is having a larf?

Filled the car yesterday to go over to Nott'm, £60.00 for 56 litres, who is having a larf?

Ummmmm....... ME!

Filled up my truck last week, 10 US gallons, $32.00! Bloody 'ell I thought, ow much more expensive can it get? (They are predicting $5/gallon for diesel within the next few months!)

• 2 months later...
always had visions of Lawrence of Arabia scooting up and down Haydn Road.

And here he is! Outside the Haydn Road premises with George Brough.

Lawrence(230px).jpg

When 20th Century Fox came to Redhill!

• 2 months later...

I can't say as I saw one Stu. (But then again I was only looking at the bikes) thats where those pics are from

• 4 months later...

Am pretty sure Brough's on Haydn Road was opposite Quorn Road? The car sales pitch was towards nottingham road, just before 2 shops one of which was Berry's Newsagents (1962), anyone recall the name of the haulage company on other side of road next to railway embabkment? Re Brough's on Vernon Road, they used to have a Brough "Gold or Golden Dream" there a late 1930's prototype, though I think no engine internals in it, I wonder if the Honda Gold Wing was inspired by that? same big bike 1,000cc flat four layout, it was later in reception area of that earth mover company that was where Ikea is now after they bought Brough Engineering out, think maybe now in Wollaton Hall?

I thought you were being sarcastic Pete, but what a beautiful house (If I had that kind of dosh I would be on the phone to the owners now !!!)

• 1 year later...