The Old Boots Club, Trent Bridge

I have just received reliable information that Boots don't have anything to do

with it anymore, tho it is still a social club.

Anyone used to or still frequent the place?

Actually I was curious to know if anyone on this site had been to Boots social club as we heard an old friend of my partners used to be a member. We would like to find him if we can,his name is Richard Greatorex.........anyone know him or his whereabouts??

Caz :D

Caz, of course the name Greatorex is familiar to me from TB Seniors.

I have a friend who is still connected with the club. I emailed him this topic

in case he can help with Richard's current location.

Mick

Thanks Mick. looking forward to hearing anything about Richard Greatorex good or bad.

Cazza

B) Been their one or two times many years ago for presentation nights with the girls ice hockey team, but never a member, sorry. B)

Hello Bryce :)

I have it on good authority that you are the main man when it comes to Boots social club?? Well I was wondering whether you know Richard Greatorex? I heard he worked for Boots when he left school & that he was a member of the boots social club,do you know him or know of him ?? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cazza

PS

Don't forget to post a pic of yourself so we can put a face to the name.

• 9 months later...

Dont kow if I have replied to this before, The Old Boots Club is now The Embankment Club , Boots didnt want to run it anymore so we as a committee took it over, still the same inside, if anyone can remember, where the old shop was iy is now the lounge, there is a bar 4 snooker tables, a lounge upstairs, and a long alley skittle down stairs, conservatory for non smokers and children.

Membership is 14 pounds free entertaiment Friady and Saturdays nights including Bingo.

Bingo Tuesday and just startted is a quiz on Sunday.

For the record I was born on Alport Street and then we lived on Brussels Terrace,and still live in the Meadows.

My father Geoff used to work at The Plumptre, New Bridge and Poets Corner before he died in 1968, I also have a brother Adrian Clare who wnt to Trent Bridge,

I cab reme,ber most nights playing football on the embankment with members of the Old Meadows Old Boys, Pete Nicolson , Nobbu Greenhaulh , Bisto and others.

Pete is still knocking abouy, can anyone remember Mrs Revells shop Bunbury Street junction Orange Street, her son Keith still going and lives in The Meadows,

Hi Bryce

What year did you leave Trent Bridge School? I knew all the pubs you mentioned, my mum used to drink in the Plumptre Arms & knew Doreen Hickling the landlady very well. My aunt used to own & run the Poets Corner on Kirkewhite street too,it's a small world hey??

• 11 years later...
  • 4 years later...