What would be your first meal after being released

....as a hostage after 4 years?

Richard Branson apparently extended this offer to Terry Waite and Brian Keenan in the 80s. He said to ask for any meal, and they'd have it prepared for the flight home, or something like that.

Mine 415g tin of Heinz baked beanz with pork sausages - 2 slices of toast - lurpak butter . Heaven .

What meal would you choose?

Bacon Egg & Chips with 2 slices of uncut bread and Lurpak butter, cup of Yorkshire tea and bread & butter pudding to follow - no custard. Mmmmmmm...........

Bacon Egg & Chips with 2 slices of uncut bread and Lurpak butter, cup of Yorkshire tea and bread & butter pudding to follow - no custard. Mmmmmmm...........

Throw some beans on that, and make it a mug of tea, and I'll join you Frank!

When I lived in Massachusetts there was an Irish pub near work that had sausage, egg and chips on the lunch menu - heaven! My colleauges thought I was nuts - just shows the poor level of education, taste and cuisine in America!

!englandflag!

Starter. One large bowl of Seafood Chowder Main 3/4 inch thick Fillet steak (medium) Game chips,Petite pois, One large Breakfast Mushroom and SWMBO's secret Gipper sauce, followed by Tiramasu and washed down with a fine Claret (No preferance)

;)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

OK, Bombay Duck in Beer Batter, Mushy Peas & Chips done in beef dripping............................wi' a few batter bits on the top!

Wales.........................but if it's Welsh Rarebit you're after, that's another story.......................over to you Mick kickme

best ham of the bone with egg and home made chips petty poise bread and butter and nice homemade sherry trifle for afters washed down with a milky coffee.

just had ham cob nice but now need the home made chips.

Well as they seem to be better looked after than our oaps in society you'd probably want to go back inside to get your favourite meal! Cynical? Moo?

One meal I look forward to when I return to England is, Good old cod, chips and mushy peas, not forgetting the malt vinegar, so I think I would want that as a first meal after being released.

Had it saturday night All you can eat Red Lobster shrimp & crab

Tonight we have guests from Missisippi & the request was Fish & chips, Fritters & m/Peas & battered shrimp