Now’t wrong with a good nit pick Stu, I do it all the time.

I concur with your sentiments Stu it is a little high especially when like me you’re only four feet ten. It’s better seen if one stand on the top most of the water feature, but be careful you don’t want to do what I did sat night.

Bip.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have posted these before - but here are some early 20th century postcards of the Market Square:

wasn't there a time in the past that nottingham was known as the queen of the midlands, well the bloody crown has slipped a bit, now on me own have had the chance to go to Nottingham, looked up the ol

And to keep the theme going....a fairly close-up view of the Exchange; demolished to make way for the Council House.

Okay...I have to ask, what did you do at the water feature last Saturday night? Can you get arrested for it?

The rink sure has its compensations though - namely that German beer stand next to the rink! I'm not sure how it would go down with the HP swilling lads on here but that Paulaneer stuff they were selling was outstanding. The wheat beer was good too.

Three quid a pint but it fair set my ships sailing! !jumping!

Never saw the beer stand Stu, I’m surprised I didn’t smell it and yes I would have been arrest if I had been seen, I reckon it would have been worth the collar.

But saying that I didn’t see any police about until I walked back through later, but did see the chocolate dip thingy and sausage stall, which has given me an idea.

Bip.

The rink sure has its compensations though - namely that German beer stand next to the rink! I'm not sure how it would go down with the HP swilling lads on here but that Paulaneer stuff they were selling was outstanding. The wheat beer was good too.

I enjoyed a nice large glass of Erdinger on Saturday night in the Hard to Find Cafe when the HP went off for a barrel change in the Poacher.

Mmmmm, lovely thumbsup

Never saw the beer stand Stu, I’m surprised I didn’t smell it and yes I would have been arrest if I had been seen, I reckon it would have been worth the collar.

But saying that I didn’t see any police about until I walked back through later, but did see the chocolate dip thingy and sausage stall, which has given me an idea.

Bip.

The mind boggles at your idea!

The beer stand is at the bottom right of the webcam here, next to the Christmas tree:

Nottingham on Ice!

Whilst I was there a couple came up to buy pints. When the barman asked for six quid for each drink (it's £3 deposit for each vessel) the woman almost dropped the pint! She couldn't seem to get her head around the fact that she'd have £3 returned to her and so instead slid the pints right back!

I love people watching. :-)

PS all this talk is making me thirsty.

I enjoyed a nice large glass of Erdinger on Saturday night in the Hard to Find Cafe when the HP went off for a barrel change in the Poacher.

Mmmmm, lovely    thumbsup

Erdinger is grand stuff I reckon. Those glasses LOOK like at least two pints too! Not many places to get it apart from Hard to Find though. Didn't The Poacher used to have it?

What was that white beer I used to sell in the Tivoli called?????? I used to pour two or three pints away each night from d*ck heads who (even though they were told when ordering) insisted on sending it back because "It's cloudy"

• 2 months later...
Is it big Nick or just aleftover from Goose Fair?

60 meters high

365 tonnes, fully self supporting

40 gondolas

capacity 6 people per capsule

All capsules are enclosed & waterproof

A true 360 degree panoramic view of the

surrounding area

Almost completely silent operation

Superb safety record

High standards and professional operation

Set up takes 1 week by 10 qualified riggers

working with one 1x72 tonne crane

Transport is on 11 trailers

http://www.nottinghameye.co.uk/index2.html

My mum rang to tell me tonight ,will it still be there in March for the meet up???

According to the web site it is there until March 4th. So ask your mum if it is O.K. for you to go for a ride.

I rang her and said it was O.K. as long as I was with an adult to hold my hand (That rules everyone on here out then)

I walked through the market square last Saturday evening and thought what the Bl00dy hek is this? ‘Something else spoiling the vista of the council house’!

It was to big for a Ferrite wheel, I did think at the time it might be one of those rides that swings back and forth but when I saw the picture of it on the Midlands evening news all was explained.

Just a thought…. wonder what damage this monster is coursing to the foundations of the new market square, if it does damage the granite blocks who will pay?

Bip.

Just a thought…. wonder what damage this monster is coursing to the foundations of the new market square, if it does damage the granite blocks who will pay?

Bip.

Silly question mate - the answer of course is - THE TAXPAYER! In otherwords - we will http://www.websmileys.com/s