Wherever they are, I wish them well

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG. I remember the Hippo bit worked there when it was Camelot . Tony had it then. Pauline Walters on reception. Howie Howard Cooper was the DJ along with others, Nott's Forest crowd especially Viv A

Rest In Peace Trevor Nottingham legend x  

Hi everyone¡. I'm Tony March, the manager of the hippo.

Hi Tony, we all know that! How are you? How is life in Spain? Do you knbow what happened to Wendy? Andrea? Alex (the DJ)?

Hi everyone¡. I'm Tony March, the manager of the hippo.

Well damnnit Tony Tell us how you're doing bighug

• 2 weeks later...
I has been in Spain for the last 30 years. I am retired, I have a liver transplant, I am ok and living.........

Good to hear from ya Tony I often wondered how you were getting along. You'll have to tell us what you've been doing for the last 30 years bighug

pat was the window dresser.....i am still in touch with suzanne who lived with them at magdala road ( think it was 31) for a while in 72.... i remember Andrea going to hemel hempsted, the whole town was talking about it! Fuzzy was a nottingham mod from basford( don't know his real name) his mum took the cash on the door of the penny....a friend of mine had a daughter by him and she used to collect the maintainance from his mum at the club..............!!! .....did you know Gwen from the adlib...you daren't mess with her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello hippo girl,, Fuzzy real name is Julien hence Fuzzy,working the market's around Ingermell,Skeggy lives in Tenerrife in Winter, Gwen's married to Moussy and they run a pine furniture business in the Cattle Market. BIg Annie works for them. Do you remember Ricky and Stuart Attenborough who worked the doors,also Ron Stuart brother

PS - someone - maybe Jan - said he was over in Grantham running a pub - could that be true?

Hi Charlie, Bob has a pub in Grantham and a farm,,he's offspring run the pub and he work's his farm for the fresh produce for the pub....Bob never worked the door's at Scamp's and the Balded headed guy was Stu Morris

hello hippo girl,, Fuzzy real name is Julien hence Fuzzy,working the market's around Ingermell,Skeggy lives in Tenerrife in Winter, Gwen's married to Moussy and they run a pine furniture business in the Cattle Market. BIg Annie works for them. Do you remember Ricky and Stuart Attenborough who worked the doors,also Ron Stuart brother

thanks jan for the info.....know the names but the sands of time !!! were you a hippo-ite?

Hi Charlie, Bob has a pub in Grantham and a farm,,he's offspring run the pub and he work's his farm for the fresh produce for the pub....Bob never worked the door's at Scamp's and the Balded headed guy was Stu Morris

I do remember Stu having very short hair! !laughing! But, it is true - Bob used to stand in on the door sometimes! Probably got paid in beer. Do you know which pub at all? I was near there just the other day as I blitzed through Notts - slowly enough to take a beer or two in Langtry's - which at least still looks like a pub!

Gordon Long and Gibson ran Midland Carpets before going into the club racket.They had about 6 branches, one on Alfreton Road Nottm.Both of them came across as wide boys and made a few quid out of carpets when fully fitted was the new in thing.They both had Jags when I worked for them for a few months, and neither missed an opportunity when a gullible punter was in the shop.

Did the Gibsons own the Beach at one time? Old man Gibson had a white roller.

Yes Steve. Both his sons worked there too Gerry Jr & David. Gibson bought the Ad Lib/Beachcomber from Keith Symonds

Keith Symonds was the guy who later owned Pickwicks

Missed that one Pat! Now pickwick rings a bell with me, But I can't remember where it was, Upstairs somewhere, I think?

Missed that one Pat! Now pickwick rings a bell with me, But I can't remember where it was, Upstairs somewhere, I think?

Upstairs on Upper Parliament St if my poor old memory serves me right...lol

Above where?

I am thinking of a place upstairs at the very bottom of hoclkey on the left.

Entrance on Lower Parliament Street. 'Society Club' rings a bell?

Above where?

I am thinking of a place upstairs at the very bottom of hoclkey on the left.

Entrance on Lower Parliament Street. 'Society Club' rings a bell?

Yes Mick.......that was the Society. Pickwicks was up near where the Odeon was

Mr Pickwicks was opposite the CoOp on Upper Parliament Street (Near to the Barbers (Rons))

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update about Tony March from the Hippo. I've received an e-mail from him & have written back. Will pass on any news

I heard today that two of the Town's old night-club managers have passed away -

Mickey Norton who managed Annabelles and was my bessie mate for a long time

Alan Cotterell - Who managed the Penny and Scamps as it became

Wherever they are, I wish them well

Am I right...Mickey Norton, better known to me as Mick, was he a regular at the Dungeon? And was Alan a slim, tall guy ? (talking early to mid 70's here, we all add a pound or two in later years)

Im just wondering if the guy who asked me to become one of his door staff (because of my karate skills, not body size!) was Alan, it would have been around 1974/5, and I was managing what was the old Dixons shop on King St, and he used to come in to buy music cassettes for his car, that we were selling off after the shop finished selling cameras etc.

If anyone has a pic, that would be good.